Puneet

Problem in Verna Tyres

I have a hyundai verna crdi march 2007 model which have done 40000 kms and i am facing problem of all four tyres getting worn out. the dealership has changed all 4 of them after taking permissinon from Hyundai motor and even my uncles who have 2 Verna crdi are facing the same problem. they were telling me that even their friends who have verna are facing the same problem. I want to ask Is this a common problem in all Vernas

sorry guys the tures gotd worn out at 27000 kms and now its done 40000 and again facing the same problem. my uncles cars are just 20000 done. sorry again. please let me know is anybody also facing the same problem   FuelRunGod2008-04-07 07:48:57

Had it been the front tyres, it would have led to suspicion that the heavier diesel engine's victim has been these tyres- this is a problem with many diesel versions. Remember the 1995 onward Sumos faced premature tyre wear.Even the Zen D front tyres faced problems.

But here all four tyres seem to be prematurely wearing out. Its very abnormal for the rear tyres to fall in sync with the front ones. The wheel alignment and suspensions are maybe at fault.

If hyundai changed the tyres for you it probably means that they know of this problem on other cars before. You might be surprised at the amount of problems that show up and are documented by the companies, when we were authorised service for a european company we used to get weekly bulletins listing the faults and how to handle them.

Same case with a friend of mine. 29K and he had to replace the tyres. Pity he did not know about the co replacement, since he had spent the money himself. If I tell him now, he will kill himself!!

You have not mentioned alignment. My experience is that the only place to get alignment done is a good tyre shop who does alignments as well. The original tyres on my Accent started to show serious wear at 12,000km. Obviously misaligned by the factory. Then I replaced all five by about 18,000km. Also, got it properly aligned. Now I am at 42k+ with still decent life left in the tyres.

My son had tyres (esp. front) in his Zen wear out within 10,000km. It had been aligned twice by the MASS due to wear. I asked him to get it aligned by a tyre place. Problem gone. In fact later when driving from Mangalore to Udipi in a friend's brand new Zen, he felt that there was an alignment problem. The firend took it to Maruri - no sir everything is fine.After 5000km he had severe wear in one tyre, Aligned by the Goodyear place, OK after that.

You have not mentioned alignment. My experience is that the only place to get alignment done is a good tyre shop who does alignments as well. The original tyres on my Accent started to show serious wear at 12' date='000km. Obviously misaligned by the factory. Then I replaced all five by about 18,000km. Also, got it properly aligned. Now I am at 42k+ with still decent life left in the tyres.

My son had tyres (esp. front) in his Zen wear out within 10,000km. It had been aligned twice by the MASS due to wear. I asked him to get it aligned by a tyre place. Problem gone. In fact later when driving from Mangalore to Udipi in a friend's brand new Zen, he felt that there was an alignment problem. The firend took it to Maruri - no sir everything is fine.After 5000km he had severe wear in one tyre, Aligned by the Goodyear place, OK after that. [/quote']

Yup.

Best thing to do is to refuse the periodic tyre rotation and balancing at the dealership, and to get the same done outside at a reputed tyre shop. Not only is it cheaper, you can also be assured that a good job is done.

sorry guys the tures gotd worn out at 27000 kms and now its done 40000 and again facing the same problem. my uncles cars are just 20000 done. sorry again. please let me know is anybody also facing the same problem  
smiley19.gif

Guys I am very particular and punctual regarding the services of  my Verna and the services and other things have always been done at the authorised Services Centre of the company. On my last visit to the services centre where I gave my car for the 40000 KMS service I found that there were about 3 more people complaining about the same issue and ther cars mileage were very low. so I think its a COMPANY FITTED FAULT pun intended.

Firstly, what tyres are factory fitted on the Verna. They could be soft compound tyres which could lead to early wear. If they aren't then it could be the alignment. Have you got the alignment done at a dedicated tyre shop?

FRG
FuelRunGod2008-04-07 07:55:00

The first tyres were GoodYears and all the aliangment were done at company authorised services centre. Now I have MRF fitted in my car

Alignment by a car dealership garage may be the cause. See the previous post. They are pretty poor at this. Go to a good tyre outlet who also does alignment.

Goodyears are known for their quietness and low wear so all the more surprising.

sgiitk2008-04-07 09:40:26

Looks like you have your answer : Dealer Workshop Wheel Balancing.

Wait a min though.

If that is the case, would the problem be not limited to the Verna only?

Why don't we have people complaining about the same in the Accent or the Santro?

Me thinks there is something deeper in this.

Both my uncles liven in another city far away from mine and he gets his car serviced in his city's company authorised service centre. this is the reason I am saying that its a built in problem in Verna 

I got an accent GLX(2001) and I've faced no problems with tyre wear..other than the normal change of tyres every 35K kms.

EDIT AND TOTALLY OT:

Puneet.. I guess its the tyres you have on the car now.. the MRF's.. second hand tyres.. coz the tyres they race are the tyres you buy!!!smiley36.gif
Zavo2008-04-07 10:13:48