sampie

Opinion - Aveo 1.4 Base Vs Fiesta 1.4 EXi - Petrol

hmmm...its a tough one as in the Fiesta is brilliant to drive,performs superbly(compared to aveo 1.4)  returns respectable mileage but the Aveo on the other hand looks amazing both the exteriors and interiors.Both come with good discounts...Look yourself up in the mirror and ask for yourself am i gonna drive or is it the chauffer...then decide...is it driver enjoyment or looks

My advice is Fiesta

aveo for looks, interiors, ride quality, aftersales service, features, comfort, decent mileage, vfm.. fiesta for build quality, handling, decent mileage, solid and sporty interiors, performance, drivers delight.. if you love to drive fiesta beats aveo, nhc, sx4, verna hands down and if in your area the aftersales service is good then fiesta is better.. as a overall package aveo is more vfm.. 

Well between the two is  a tough choice .You will be spending 6.7lakhs on them so you can also consider Dzire ZXi will all the goodies .If you drive then Fiesta and if you are kept well in rear then Aveo.

frankly am stretching my budget to accomodate the city - guess just need to be contented with the singlr tone dash - no other major differences - they are now giving a audio system and also body coloured door handles& mirrors

frankly am stretching my budget to accomodate the city - guess just need to be contented with the singlr tone dash - no other major differences - they are now giving a audio system and also body coloured door handles& mirrors

Hi !! but I would advise u to take feedback of those people who have Owned in this year 2008 the AVEO 1.4 LS SPECIAL EDITION. All the Aveo stories are of 2006-07 and people are not talking of 2008. This car could be the car of the choice with best milleage, comfort and interiors. The are offering good with advance safety features.

AveoVs HondaCity Vs Fiesta-

1. better build quality & interiors - 1.aveo 2.hondacity 3.fiesta 

2. better handling - 1.fiesta 2.aveo 3.hondacity

3. Low Maintenance & peace of mind - 1.aveo 2.hondacity 3.fiesta

4. vfm - 1.aveo 2.fiesta 3.hondacity

5. resale - 1.hondacity 2.fiesta/aveo

6. Fe - 1.hondacity 2.aveo/fiesta

7. ride quality - 1.aveo 2.fiesta 3.hondacity

8. performance - 1.fiesta/city(vtec) 2.aveo 3.hondacity(idsi)

9. gearbox - 1.hondacity 2.fiesta 2.aveo

10. looks - 1.aveo/hondacity 2.fiesta

11.safety - 1.aveo/fiesta(both comes with airbags & abs top variant) 2.city

12.refinement - 1.hondacity 2.fiesta 3.aveo

hope this helps.

Honda City is barren equipment wise..and if u want good fuel economy, rear seat comfort, then go for the city..

The Fiesta is the best driver's car in the range with class topping handling characteristics.. It also delivers decent fuel economy and refinement plus it is much safer than both.. Aftersales maintenance is expensive though.

The aveo is a hot looker both in and out. It delivers fiesta-like mileage, decent comfort and refinement. It is awesome vfm and is richly equipped. Aftersales and purchase isn't a problem either. But is a bogus driver's car..

Since I like performance and enthusiasm, I prefer the Fiesta..

U can also check out the Dzire ZXi as it has got everything u need..plus its a maruti, so maintenance is a peace of cake.

U can also try out the SX4 VXi..

I fel that there have been quite a few discussions on City v SX4, City v A,B,C etc. so you should be able to find what you want in one of these.

Also, just remember City is due for a replacement later this year!

I am currently using the Fiesta 1.4. I took thorough test drives of the Aveo 1.4 and the Fiesta 1.4, and the Ford wins hands down.

I was skeptical about buying my first Ford, due to all the talk about expensive spares and maintenance, but due to the 80000/4 yr extended warranty and the Total Maintenance Package(TMP) i don't need to worry, and so shouldn't you.

Pros:

1) Excellent build quality(SAFE, unlike the Aveo).

2)Perfectly powered for city driving.

3)All basic features at a reasonable price. (My dealer is provided me the benefits under Ford March Masti)

its a much better car than the aveo