spaceboy21t

Which one is the best :SX4 or City ZX

The Maruti SX4 anyday.. @thermal-an article well written. U have described the actual scenario rightly. But it didn't feel as underpowered as u said, in fact between 2000-4500 rpm, the engine literally leaps forward. Only the gear ratios neede to be a bit shorter in 4th and 5th, but then it would worsen the already poor fuel economy.

@ Confused well written if city ZX vs SX4 then SX4 and if ZX V-TEC then vice versa coz if you have the money then buy the right products

@ FRG please note in buyers guide ACI the Vtec and Vtec + both have been given ABS and airbag .Do correct fasst to avoid and consumer getting confused.

For me it's the Honda City: the most userfriendly car I have ever driven. I haven't driven the SX4 but.....my heart says Honda. All the Honda requires is a 1.5 liter 16V VTEC SOHC heart transplant, airbags, ABS; and the competition will, indeed, be sh*tting bricks.

For me it's the Honda City: the most userfriendly car I have ever driven. I haven't driven the SX4 but.....my heart says Honda. All the Honda requires is a 1.5 liter 16V VTEC?SOHC heart transplant' date=' airbags, ABS; and the competition will, indeed, be sh*tting bricks.[/quote'] i agree with u n thats why d new city will rock coz it will have a vtec or another powerful engine n goodies with competitive pricing...

I expect Honda to have possibly a somewhat smaller engine option as well - it should not be too tough to get say 80bhp out of a 1.2-1.3 litre engine. After all in India 'Kitna deti hai' is God!

i will pick the SX4 any day..

it has good ground clarence, good ridecomfort, is spacious, and has a peppy engine. And even the Maruti 800 has bullet proof reliability.

but i would like to have a little more fuel efficiency.Also i would like to see the SX4 interiors(read, the door panels) to be covered with some cloth, just like City, so that, it will give a feeling of  better quality.

i will pick the SX4 any day..

it has good ground clarence' date=' good ridecomfort, is spacious, and has a peppy engine. And even the Maruti 800 has bullet proof reliability.

but i would like to have a little more fuel efficiency.Also i would like to see the SX4 interiors(read, the door panels) to be covered with some cloth, just like City, so that, it will give a feeling of  better quality.

[/quote']i think ride quality of city is much better...

CITY or SX4

ok - lets see - if your old, sit in the back seat and never drive, yeah the city is pretty unbeatable. ok it looks crap, worse after the face lift, dose't have the best ride and is as fun to drive as an electric wheelchair.

the steering feels like you've lost sensations in your arm the braking system seems like it's been designed by an intern and well ok the motor is a gem, but this is surely vanilla

SX4 - well now here's a real replacement for the old City we all had our first crush on and still lust after - it looks attractive enough, is comfortable, fuel economy is not all that off the city and the best part - when you drive it hard it comes alive, lots and lots of grip, good poise, great brakes and a very responsive motor - well done maruti

HONDA GO BACK TO THE SPIRIT OF THE OLD CITY PLEASE 

Don't like either.

I sometimes wonder how Honda came up with this car. The old city was far better, went quicker and looked much better than the current one. The currect city is a ugly duckling comparitively and has a pathetic engine (not the vtec, which is also not as good as the old one). Oh man, the way the old vtec pulled in second was super!

The SX4 is another ugly duckling to me! Though its loaded with all the goodies and is made to look great, its still a Suzuki at the end of the day. Which is a good thing in India, ironically. I thinks its selling because its great value for money, fuel efficient and the vast service network.

The SX4 is another ugly duckling to me! Though its loaded with all the goodies and is made to look great' date=' its still a Suzuki at the end of the day. Which is a good thing in India, ironically. I thinks its selling because its great value for money, fuel efficient and the vast service network.

[/quote']

It is real difficult to design for a Hatch and a Notch and still have both looking good.

Still, I am not so sure that the SX4 is all that bad looking!!

In fact me thinks the proportions on the 3 box are better than the hatch sibling!!

Sx4 is good in terms of value 4 money & good track car

harsh ride , rattles ,poor average, cramped rear.......

but city......

good avg, good in handling & ride....

overall quality is excellent

good resale value

ciry has better image  in market than  SX4

city is my pick.......

For me it's the Honda City: the most userfriendly car I have ever driven. I haven't driven the SX4 but.....my heart says Honda. All the Honda requires is a 1.5 liter 16V VTEC SOHC heart transplant' date=' airbags, ABS; and the competition will, indeed, be sh*tting bricks.[/quote']

I shall quote myself: The new City featured in the Latest ACI just rocks. It looks sexier than the Civic, and has show and the go. As I have said earlier the 1.5 VTEC is on its way making some 118 bhp and it must be a real screamer of an engine in true good 'old' City style. Competition, prepare to sh*t bricks....Nov 2008 launch.

The new City as shown in ACI, looks very modern. Looks plus the new powerful VTEC may make it a very desirable car.

But Honda India, keeping with its tradition may offer poor kit and a high price.

I have both the cars in my family. Both are good and comparable to a large extent but after my  1 year of experience with both the cars i think honda certainly has a clear edge. It is very refined, gear box is excellent, interiors are very urban and mileage is far better than SX4. On the other hand SX4 has comfortable ride, good ground clearance and plenty of additional features but it is a big time petrol guzzler. On price comparision, honda is around 70K costlier than SX4 but it makes for it during the resale. Honda resale is around 70K - 1 lac more than SX4 so i think, eventually, both Honda and SX4 comes out to be of same price.