hector0285

which fuel to vote for

i with the advice of all guys and my own knowledge have bought a swift vdi and in the first servive the maruti fellow says that dont use high octane fuel says its gud in the tv noy in reality and have adverse effect please advice .

As far as i've noticed' date=' common rail engines perform better with regular diesel ie. without additives.

FRG
[/quote']

Manish,

Is there any need to add external additives such as Iftex's System D to regular(non-premium) diesel?

If no, then how to keep the engine and injectors clean from carbon deposits?

actually some recommend using premium fuel in propotions of 10 litres for every 40 litres of normal fuel used...i donno if this is right...but ive been using it this way on my pulsar and its worked out to be better than using just normal...

I used to be stupid and fill my Accent with premium petrol, some years back but absolutely, no change either in performance or mileage. To top it my service advisor told me I was using bad fuel, and recommended a change of  filling station. I have been filling only regular petrol ever since...my Elantra is doing fine with it.

did u say "vdi" if yes then theres no question of ''octane levels/value'' because vdi's are diesels.use regular diesel from a fuel pump of good repute and add iftex system D. it helps in keeping yr fuel system clean(at least that what the bottle label says!!---ive used it in my mahindras for years and never had any fuel system problems

Even my Toyota dealer asked me not to put premium diesels.

No concrete reasons given though.

Any ideas?

this cant be true as this car was launched just a year ago and this high octane fuels are been there in india for couple of years 

Even my Toyota dealer asked me not to put premium diesels.

No concrete reasons given though.

Any ideas?

this cant be true as this car was launched just a year ago and this high octane fuels are been there in india for couple of years 

??