i10 or Santro? Which car is better?

Whcih car is better on Hyderabad traffic with

about 40KM daily drive

5 seater

very good driving seat position

decent mileage

good a/c

good music system.

I thought santro looked good, but after i10 came in, i am confused.

is i10 value for money? Is it really a huge improvement over santro as many of the reviewers are saying? Which one to pick from these? Or is there any other car which does better than these two?

i10 is much better. It's smoother, more fuel efficientt and the driving position is better too. the Santro has a high seat position which gives good visibility but I find the pedal placement wrong which hurts the ankles. Santro is more bumpy than i10 as well.

The only reason to buy the Santro is for the high seating position in the back which makes it easy for elderly people to get in and out off.

The i10 is essentially the new Santro, nor more no less. Obviously a decade or so of development makes it a superior car. The only thing going for the Santro is the price.

Also, I hear that the i10 may get a heart transplant in the not too distant future.

I wish Hyundai would benchmark Honda and not Maruti when it comes to model revisions.

Maruti at one time had the M800, the Zen and the Alto selling simultaneously, and these were model upgrades in the original Japanese market.

Honda thankfully phases out the old model, irrespective of the selling capability.

If that were so, there would have been no Santro or Accent!!

The i 10  always - it has lots of improvements over the Santro. You can go through ACI roadtest which list every detail.Was it the Nov 2008 issue? Because the car was launched in Oct 2007.
It was December issue .Go for i10 its the new Santro with other name .Think its a Suno Grande and Santro is Victa.!smiley36.gif

if you have strict budget of around 3.5 lacs on road...santro is the car...if it is around 4 lacs on road go for i10....if you stretch abit 20,000 more swift is the best option with excellent ride and comfort amd good mileage....if i were you with strict budget i would have gone for santro or else swift.....

all depends on how much you want to spend....the santro is a very good car no doubt...its sales figures stand as testimony...but if u r willing to spend that extra bit more,the i10 is a good car...and spend a lil bit more,swift is there...all depends on how much u sign that cheque for

i10 being a upgradation to santro should be better.

Though if someone doesn't like the styling that is a different case.

Though I have been reading about some upgradation on i10 as well.

Some 80bhp i10 or something, might want to check that out.

I do not see the new Kappa engine in the old Satro in the immediate future. So unless you must have a tallboy the New Santro (also called the i10) is the choice.

Well Hyundai won't put Kappa engine in the Santro they said in a Car show (may be raftaar or some show).

Let us wait and see. I am sceptic as far as most manufacturers statements go.