vinay

ADVISE ON IMPORTED CAR

I saw an ad in the local classifieds paper as i was looking for a car with ABS, then i found an interesting one it is an imported 2003 Peugeot 306 HDI i saw it and drove it was really a superb experience he says it gives him 16 in the city 18 on th highway

it has many features like 2 airbags mounted on each side of the seats 1 on the head rest of each seat then usual 2 dashboard airbags its a station wagon so it matches my needs as i take my dogs where ever i go all this is fine but he quoted 7 and later came to 6.25 its run only about 7k kms and mico bosch had imported it for some r&d purpose the person who is selling it to me bought it from them in an auction for it and is now selling it to us he gets it serviced from sundram motors in Bangalore

Do you guys advise me to buy it ?

Be sure you'll get the spares because these are irritants for such cars. EvenĀ  a small part that can't be fabricated is gone , the replacements take efforts, costs and time. Till then the car is grounded. People own imported cars, but its also better to have two cars in such cases-one Indian and the other imported, so that we are on the move (even with our dogs, puppies and so on).

And finally the road taxes- please see the registration papers and examine the tax rates . Maharashtra charges double the taxes on imported cars vis a vis local made ones.

The details of the car are at best "sketchy". If I were you I'd not plonk my hard earned cash on an imported car from a 'shady' owner. Even Merc's are available at that rate and maintaining them will be a 'himalayan' task and wallet busting.