shriraj24_7

The worst cars you can buy in India

Omni  -  TATA  -  Ambassador  - Maruti 800  -  Adventure  -  San Storm  -  Versa -  Fiat 118NE  -  Tempo TRAX -  Maruta/Jugad - SIPANI-D1 - Standard 2000

The list has been updated, does anyone have further suggestions?

Yep, Honda, Hyundai, Ford, Toyota, Tata (All), Mahindra (Anything from them including tractors), FIAT, Renault. All of em make some junk and market off the hype, and don't forget the biggest hypemeister of em all, namely the Germans, the biggest laziest crooks arond, selling three pointed star to pump up people's vanity for a sum that doesn't justify it's quality, same goes for hyped up VW selling Audi and Skoda.

The Tempo Trax with all those Judo and Karate and KungFu variants also among the WORRRRRRSTTT. Why don't they (Bajaj Tempo now Force Motors) give us some real good SUV's ? They have been in the SUV market since a decade and a half.

I think Reva is a poor car. Of course i have not driven it and all and i know its electric and environment friendly and all.. but close to 4 lakhs it costs and its so very small and it looks flimsy and  so very cramped for the driver itself...

the reva aint that bad rajeevraj, considering that its the first electric car in india( i suppose). it makes sense for a 2nd or 3rd car for city driving and its nice for elderly ppl.

i personally think the maruti versa is the worst car. it might be good in a few ways but its got massive body roll and its so tall and ugly, kinda disproportionate

practicality doesnt need a compromise of safety to such an extent /??? the vehicle looks like its gonna roll over if a truck goes past it fast. maybe a little better design and a good engine wud've helped

any way.. its safer than omni... but it wont rollover very easily..any way you should not drive it like we do on sedans.. careful on bends.

but nobody will complain about the engine.. its superb.. only thing, its not diesel.

and the tortion beam suspension on the back means better compramise between ride and handling. it is set in the softer side though. even the scorpio rolls very much and it has high tendency to roll over easily, because of soft set suspension and height. so why dont versa..?

yes.. i agree with you pra2veen...

thats beacuse, its having petrol engine only. and the 1.3lit engine is not as economical as the omni. and the year 2007 has seen a rise demand in sales of versa.

we can see.. the versa shouldnt have been launched in this form. i agree. the very low sales is because of the poor market study, maruthi has done before launching those models.

they have launched many models in 2000, as if in a hurry, but almost all failed.they are.

1. versa - utter failure

2. baleno - sales increased only when the price was reduced but not much only about 2000 maximum per month.with heavy discounts

3. wagon R - at first, a failure. then they facelifted with clear lens head lamp and all. then only the sales picked up.

we can see that, we cant simply say that, they are bad cars. but it was the marketing department, of maruthi, which was really bad. and they have changed now.

i was just making the point that, versa is a good car, for those looking for a multi utility vehicle, run on petrol, like large families having low milege per month. but they are very few.

pra2veen, i am extremely sorry, if i have pushed my ideas too much. i actualy didnt mean it.

i was tryin to make the same point too... nothin to be sorry abt. the car was released just at the wrong time and a bad image, thats all. the cedia dint taste success not because it wasnt a good car but becoz the company cudnt spend enough money for the marketing. 

Ambassador.. hands down..

because,

it was comfortable, when it used the old pattern seat having springs and all inside.. but now, the seat is so hard.

i know every politician go for amby, but the first thing they will do is to do new apholstery.

and now, the grond clearence in the front has been reduced and which causes cracked gear box cover, since its too low.

One car which no one has mentioned is Scorpio.  I had travelled in it a few times - the ride is awful and the gear shift attrocious. 

Another mention should be the 3 wheeler made by Piagio.  Its a diesel vehicle, extremely noisy (hate to be next to it in traffic or worse behind it) and vibrating all through.  Its amazing how a international company has brought one of its junk product / technology and flogging it in our market. 

One car which no one has mentioned is Scorpio.? I had travelled in it a few times - the ride is awful and the gear shift attrocious.?

?

Another mention should be the 3 wheeler made by Piagio.? Its a diesel vehicle' date=' extremely noisy (hate to be next to it in traffic or worse behind it) and vibrating all

through.? Its amazing how a international company has brought one of its junk product / technology and flogging it in our market.?

[/quote']

I would fully agree on the Scorpio but the gearshift was poor with the first gearbox, now with the new ones, its quite slick but in quick shifting scenario, it tends to hunt sometimes. Otherwise all your other points are fully valid, Lotus designed suspension notwithstanding. I have had the chance to keep a 4WD Scorpio for two weeks, by the end of the first week my back had given up.

Also the diesel 3 wheelers should be outright banned, check them out in Chandigarh, they stand next to you emitting loud noise and obnoxious fumes, the 3rd rate Greaves engine in use in these aberrations was never designed for mobile duty but was made for stand alone work like pump-set and gen-set etc. They make morning office hour as well as evening drive back home quite miserable even with windows up and a/c on. My Gurkha with no mufflers is 90% quieter believe it or not.Gurkha2007-11-07 17:49:16

dunno abt the san storm but the scorpio might have a lot of body roll and all but its still fun to drive sometimes. pick up of the vehicle and all. its definitely not the worst car in the country