shriraj24_7

The worst cars you can buy in India

Here is the deal, we have discussed what is good about every car at lengths.

Now is the time to come out with the cars we need to avoid.

Lets give in the cars we hate the most and the reason why our mates should not buy them.

To begin with, my most hated car is the Maruti Omni.

It was my fathers first car back in the 80s and we had it for about 10 years. It took us perfectly from point A to point B. It has plenty of space and as a kid I loved to jump around inside the car. Also my dad would sometimes show me the door trick. DONOT TRY THIS AT HOME. He started the car with the sliding doors open and took the car with a wheel spin and braked it hard, and the doors closed by themselves!!

It is all good so far.

Until 5 years back when my parents purchased the Omni, for the last time. Maruti had done value engineering and thinned the entire body. Even in a normal city drive, it felt like the car was falling into pieces. Maruti had got it horribly wrong. This car has been shed to peices. The car has smallest wheels and is out of balance.

So unless you do not want to eat hospital food and have your car in the asylum donot buy the Maruti Omni.

:)

i drive omni.. it is not a very good car.. oops!! sorry VAN.. but i hate it because of  bad suspension and cheap image.  

but worst car you can buy in india is.San Strom.. poor quality,old engine, high price tag and no service.

wheels are like music' date=' man. If you love em, you love em all. For their brilliance, for their quirks & at times for their sheer evil genius, when they decide to go cussid on you.[/quote']

I disagree on the point you made that if you love them, you love them all. It is a very simplistic view which offends all the passion that has been put into the evolution of passenger vehicles or music for that matter.

According to me, there are superior quality and cleverly engineered cars, and there are poorly designed and badly made cars.

Cars are defined by the refinement of its engine, the way it handles around bends, its character, its looks, the way it makes you look, and the ride comfort it delivers.

DUH.. no brainer..

ANYTHING from the TATA stable..

I think they should have stuck to making trucks.. coz all they did was shrink down the size.. cut out 4 wheels.. and voila.. the Indicar/cab/go/show/mo/do/re/mi/fa/so/la/ti/do...etc etc has come..

Need I say more?

FRG. no offence..;)!

zavo

tatas cars are not enough good, but they are not worst. and currently they are selling their 1st genereation cars.it was their firstever try..new indica v3 might be brilliant.and current  indica/indigo is far better than those stupid and copycat chinese cars.atleast tata can make their own unique car  without anyones help. we indians should cheer up tata to make better product.

Wow you really think so...

Well then fine.. I guess well have to agree to disagree on that one.

And before Im accused of being ANTI INDIAN here.. lemme just say Im not.. but Im just calling it the way I see it.

My first post in the forum which I find becoming very interesting. Tata bashing is quite common and we all know why - the quality of the cars is bad. But I dont think they are the worst. so many people buy them and  continue buying them so Tata must be doing something right. Right?

The worst car I feel is the Ambassador. It offers nothing special except nostalgia and who the hell wants that today. The Amby is crude, noisy and probably more unreliable than a Tata. lets face the fact.

People, lets see all cars from one level.

This forum, i believe, is designed to talk about cars and not patriotism.

Although serviceability is great, Tata motors makes sluggish poor quality cars. Thats it.

Ambassador is a terrible car. Firstly because it is too big, slow and very high depreciation because no one wants it. I reckon even if it was given more power it wouldnt be able to handle it.

the reason why tata sells is only because of its price and nothing else.......... but when u see long term its bad, the money u would have saved while buying i suppose three times or more u would have to shell out to maitain it.......... the best thing is keep a tata only till its warrenty of 36 months and dispose it off then............. but its been high time the tata improves upon there build quality and workman ship

One should take all the factors in the ambassador was a car designed over half a century ago and has been modified now and then and of course later with the isuzu powertrain. What has happened is earlier one was grateful just having a car no matter how bad, and we just let HM churn out absolute rubbish and lapped it up. Later when Maruti came things changed a lot and we had a new benchmark. But ofcourse the amby survived no doubt due to our very easily corruptible powers that be. That Tata survives is in my opinion very misplaced patriotic feelings and a feeling that one gets more for the ruppee, another mistake. As the saying goes the squeaky wheel gets the oil, until the Indian public put their foot down and refuse to put up with poor excuses for cars these will continue to claim marketshare

Something similar happened with the 2 wheelers too for decades protected manufacturers churned out rubbish which they were able to sell with huge waiting lists and premiums until somebody opened up the playing field andmanufacturers finally started having to pay attention to quality and not ridiculous slogans like Hamara ...... etc.

The purpose for which a car is used for defines its shall we say likeability

A shopkeeper who uses a Omni to tpt his goods as well as to travel in towns with six pers will fell its cheap and best.

For an enthuisast anthing from  the Swift to a Skoda RS will do.

A travel buff will like a Scorpioor a Safari, up the budget then CRV/Terracan/Montero/M class/X5.

The purpose for which a car is used for defines its shall we say likeability

A shopkeeper who uses a Omni to tpt his goods as well as to travel in towns with six pers will fell its cheap and best.

For an enthuisast anthing from  the Swift to a Skoda RS will do.

A travel buff will like a Scorpioor a Safari' date=' up the budget then CRV/Terracan/Montero/M class/X5.
[/quote']

This topic is to make other people aware of the quality problems of a car, and it can be a very personalised opinion. Hence it is OKAY for people to disagree.

Agreed.

The comparson is against the competetion present.

For example the benchmark in the U-VA segment is the Swift, and yes it has its faults too.

The bench mark in the so called Estate segment would probably be the Marina with all its faults but you have to take into account the Fiat brand image here into account too.