shriraj24_7

The worst cars you can buy in India

The current 800 maybe crap admittedly as parts are sourced from dubious sources who grease the palms of Maruti officials, but now that Suzuki is at the helm of affairs, except all that to change soon, the original 800 was a great car in its class, bullet proof engine which bought back the word driving back to India.Gurkha2007-09-21 14:11:39

hi, this is an interesting topic. While reading through I tried to think hard about which car or cars I hate but could not come up with any name. I can still tell you the ones I will never buy and they are OMNI, any TATA car, AMBY (are they still available for car buying public?), SAN STORM and here comes the new name VERSA. versa I feel really looks like it is on stilts and even the stilts are under - nourished. Maruti should have been fined for launching this car in India. It just helped the bank balance of the Bacchans. I am sorry if any one of you owns this but do not take this personally. Please help by giving me the positives of this car.

my first car was a 800 and I paid a premium of 10000 to get a white colour - oohh so chic and it gave me so much satisfaction. I do not think the price or the manufacturer (indian or not) has got anything to do with it. It is high time the base model of maruti becomes ALTO and they should just stop selling (and making) any more 800s. If they stop everywhere in the world why cant they stop here?

I think the name of this topic is sligltly insensitive. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You cant just go around saying that you HATE a car, especially when there would be proud owners and prespective buyers for that car on this board.

One can say that he dosent like a car, but HATING a car, how can anyone hate cars?

Racing...

the last time I checked this was a democratic country..so people are entitled to their opinion.. be it love, hate, disdane, adoration..

So yea.. I dont think theres anything wrong with saying you HATE something..

You trying to tell me you have never hated anything in your entire life? WOW.. you should be up for a sainthood then!

Racing...

the last time I checked this was a democratic country..so people are entitled to their opinion.. be it love' date=' hate, disdane, adoration..

So yea.. I dont think theres anything wrong with saying you HATE something..

You trying to tell me you have never hated anything in your entire life? WOW.. you should be up for a sainthood then!
[/quote']

Since you are the first one to discover that quality in me (sainthood), I leave the honour of nomination to you.

Theres a difference between democracy and being sensitive. I can explain it to you if you so wish to.

Worst carS ?

probably the ones that makes a Tata Sumo look

fantastic

There are two contenders

In the blue corner the Trax from Tempo

And in the red corner the Rhino from whateverthattractormakeriscalled.

then there is another - the aveo sedan

its a sad man that buys one

could maruti make a better/safer omni - SURE THEY CAN

but there is no competition, so why should they ? ? ?

beancounters are in charge after all

as a a concept, a micro people mover with a efficient motor

there is no competition - Tata wish the magic (ace van) is competitive, especially with a diesel - could be something here

Worst carS ?

probably the ones that makes a Tata Sumo look

fantastic

There are two contenders

In the blue corner the Trax from Tempo

And in the red corner the Rhino from whateverthattractormakeriscalled.

then there is another - the aveo sedan

its a sad man that buys one

could maruti make a better/safer omni - SURE THEY CAN

but there is no competition, so why should they ? ? ?

beancounters are in charge after all

as a a concept, a micro people mover with a efficient motor

there is no competition - Tata wish the magic (ace van) is competitive, especially with a diesel - could be something here

[/quote']

Have u gone crazyyyy???smiley3.gif...Aveo is one of the best quality cars available in India with best "ride & handling" package in its segment!!..in fact its interiors r a step ahead of the current midsizers!!...well,wat all factors have made u think like this??smiley5.gif

Trax from Tempo, are you aware that it is derived from the great G Wagen, it has the Mercedes OM616 with ZF gearbox and MB diff, albeit with much inferior finish, look wise it might not appeal to you but then heck, neither does the king of uglies Ford Endeavour does to me, its all relative.

Dear Princey, what is MARUTAS/JUGAD?

Dear Gurkha, you quote the king of uglies - Ford Endeavour! You must be out of your mind. I agree that it is all relative but this is the height of relativity.

Although the gearbox comes from Mercedes junk yard, the G can never be compared to tempo trax. This is because it doesnt have any commonality except it looks similar if they are both seen from a distance of 1km.

Shiraj,

Apparently you have no idea on what you are talking about? ZF India makes trannies for various MB and other vehicles, so if you consider the same ZF junk, I guess the legendary OM616 also comes from the same junk stable then, are you aware that Force has been making stuff for Mercedes and Puch since 60s and selling them back to Europe, then I guess all MBs use junk, are you aware that the Gurkha is exported to Germany and other parts of Europe where its crude looks are appreciated and its utility and off road ability revered, or the fact that German 4x4 mag gave it best off roader of year award, guess not, your depth here shows quite well. The Trax is the carbon copy of G from the corrugated pressed body to assembly procedures, only thing is that G justifies its $60000+ price with far better fit and finish. Spend that money on Trax and I will give you and even better finish. I stand by my contention about Ford Endeavour being the king of uglies, based on the Ranger platform, the new one being uglier. Why delve into all this, you are better off sticking to your plastic toy cars and leave the real stuff to those who know the true value.

People are going to laugh at you for centuries

The laugh is on you, read and enlighten yourself before you make general broadbased comments.

www.force4x4.com   smiley4.gif

Caveat Emptor: I have no affiliation or any other attachment to this site.Gurkha2007-09-28 13:09:25

Hahaha... Who says I have to be involved for such invoking discussions... come on.. no holds barred.. (FRG.. let this continue please.. its a healthy discussion)

Carry on boys.. this is fun!!!