krishna007

car advise 10-14 lakhs

hii i'm planning to buy a new car and my budget is around 10 to 14 lakhs  i drive arnd 80 to 100kms everyday so i want a car with a very good fuel efficiency and low on maintance wht do u ppl suggest..!!!

I strongly recommend a Hyundai Sonata Embera 2.0 Diesel since you'll need a car which is safe, comfortable, cheap to maintain and also with a decent fuel efficiency. Or try the Optra magnum diesel (though i wouldn't recommend). Avoid the octavia / laura by all means, they are expensive to maintain.

Hyundai provides exceptional service and spares are cheap and readily available.

At even your lower end of 80km per day you are looking at about 30,000km per year. So your requirements of Fuel Efficiency will be met only by a diesel.

The good options here will be Skoda (Laura preferred to the obsolescent Octavia), Optra Magnum Diesel, and Embera.  My order of preference will be the order in which they are listed. Another possibility though in a somewhat lower segment will be the Toyota Innova.

If you are worried about the resale value then you should not consider the Embera. I am assuming that decent dealerships are there for all the brands mentioned.

I suppose if sonata and laura are out of budget and you dont like the optra then the only other decent choice in this segment is the innova. I think the top end comes for around 11 lakhs on road.

Another option would be the tata safari top end version. Although thats an SUV.

I think out of the 80-100Kms you travel everyday most of it must be highway cruising. Also within that budget you have choice of Octavia or fully loaded innova and safari 2.2 VTT. Safari will be an excellent cruiser and super comfortable on highway. Innova is almost car like, refined and reliable

I can vouch for the Innova being a good vehicle, but do you need something that big?

It would fit right into your price bracket though, and leave some money over for the accessorization!!

thnx for ur suggestions

sonata crdi and laura are good but they are more expensive i want it strictly in the range of 10- 14 lakhz and i dont really like the magnum..!!

Yes, and no. remember the Laura on some versions has up to 2.5l off . I even heard of someone mentioning 3.5 on the DSG! Please check on the discounts as well and vector them in.

Otherwise the Octavia is excellent.

sgiitk2008-04-25 07:16:21

For 80 kms of driving everyday, you should obviosuly stick to diesel and with your budget the Octavia fits perfectly. Very fuel effiicient, tough, great handling, safe and classic but dated looks, only downside could be the cost of spares.

People talk a lot about high maintenance cost for Skoda but personally I have spent only peanuts in the last 15 months and 11,000kms we have owned one.

Others have mentioned the other choices you have.

i dont want to buy any suvz coz itz just for me i really dont need tht big of a car

and i just want to ask how about the honda civic i know itz a petrol car but is it fuel efficient and corolla and are there any other car options other than octavia,sonata,laura,magnum and cedia in this section and can someone tell me the on road prices for these cars and also there mileages...!!! and by the way   thnx everyone for ur responses...!!!

Corolla is more fuel efficient & I personally find it better to drive than a Civic. Buttttt.. since toyota is coming out with a new model later this year & you are ok  with the fuel costs of running a petrol motor for your running, I'll suggest that you wait for the new corolla to arrive. If you can't wait that long, try civic, but it will (i do stress the words IT WILL)  scrape most speed breakers unless u get some bigger tyres or drive alone at all times.

If u r ok with petrol n corolla n civic r best ..u can also get very good discounts on corolla as its going to phased out this year...as this toyota like honda it wont affect the resale that much as compared to other brand even if its going to be discontinued..

In Petrol, it should either be the Civic or the Cedia. Both of them should give around 10kmpl, Civic will be higher though and its more powerful. You should stay away from the Corolla. It hardly sells nowadays and its nearings its end. As a matter of fact I see more new Cedia's than new Corolla's on the road.