akj53in

Fabia - Any user experience

b.t.w i really like the looks of fabia from every corner its worth watching this beautiful hatch....do update us with review of your car...how much service costs, running cost and stuff

arrey yaar! they already have 1.2 ltr variant in sub 5 lac category!!1 what else do you want? also 1.4 ltr petrol doe not qualify for tax benefits within 2 years swift, hyundai i20, i 10 all will have simmilar spec 1.2 ltr engines due to implementation of new norms.

b.t.w i really like the looks of fabia from every corner its worth watching this beautiful hatch....do update us with review of your car...how much service costs' date=' running cost and stuff[/quote']

Will do.

Am planning on a trip to the hills this weekend, and that should be able to spice up the review.

In the meantime, Costs -

Service- Zero : The first service is due at 7500 km

Running costs : 1800 km so far on mostly city roads and the SNH. overall average mileage (AC on all the time!!) is 13.8 kmph and the best I got was 14.1

New bugbear. The Right Head Lamp is fogging up in the rains. Spoke to Skoda just now, and they have said that they will pick up the vehicle tomm. and replace the H/Lamp.

me too perplexed which car 2 go 4 city highway use.approx usage 2000-2500 k.....want a good diesel car around 7-7.5 lac which is tough,safe,luxurious n driving pleasure..

fabia - 2 overpriced. i want the model which skoda launched in europe wid wider tyres n a little more pwerful features.

indigo - tata cars ..no chance...i hate dem

verna - i want verna desperately, but its overpriced, each model has sumthing or other missing,...hyundai has smartly added n removed 1 or other features frm each model of verna, for eg climate control, abs etc. among all the cars i like verna da most.the engine ,driving pleasure, economy is gr8...body not too tough like fabia, indigo,logan,palio etc.. the car luks small in size wen we c other cars in dis segment.

getz - 2 small n overpriced...want a midsize car

fusion n fiesta - i liked the luks of fusion, but  maintainence of ford 2 costly, jus bcoz of the exorbitant prices of the spare parts ,me not buying fusion..1 can c the spare parts list in autocar issue of march or april..costlier den the 15-20 lacs plus car.

dezire - the shape of the car seems uneven..n secondly i dnt like honda n maruti cars as they r 2 light...i drive a lot on the hiway n i dnt like the light body of dez cars.the weight in dez cars is low,dats y der fuel economy is better.

scorpio - thgt of base model crdi but dnt want a mahindra car.scorpio outdated plus ther is always sum other small problems in da car..but  problems not much like tata cars.

logan - gave a thgt 2 logan bcoz of renault engine, but no driving pleasure, interiors 2 bad,no features, n last but not the least, have 2 open the dikki, fuel knob thru the key..how can dey make such a blunder.

fiat palio - i like fiat cars a lot, but cant thnk of buying a fiat rite now wen da co. is in a mess.hoping against hope that when fiat linea is launched at end 2008, da ass of fiat improves.

cud stretch my budget a little n go 4 , but

optra magnum-  gr8 car , gr8 engine,  nice features but overpriced. it has da Gm tag so obviously spares will b vry costly, no resale

innova - gr8 car,everythng perfect, but 2 long 4 me, as i hv 2 drive myself  in city hiway.

tavera - outdated ,luks like a tourist vehicle, underpowered.

skoda - outdated , servicing costly, city driving not pleasurable

if verna cums wid n auotomatic model, it wil b gr8..den i can thnk of paying around 8.50 lacs in bombay..

Man with this much reasons u cant go for any car at this price point ...go for optra magnum its not overpriced n gm service n parts were expensive earlier but now its improved a lot the spares are not that expensive ...or get urself a verna its not that light n build quality good though not skoda like but u have to compromise for some things ...u cant get everything like u want automatic diesel with features n economy n build quality like skoda but low maintenance n good resale n that too it should not be overpriced ...my friend u cant get all this even at some high budget ....if u want german like build quality u should be ready to pay more price for that initially also n for spares also ...m not discouraging u but these all r the facts ..   

First victum of your Fabia the projector lamp.

I know.

It is supposed to be the best feature of the top variant!!

Anyways, pleasantly surprised with the positive reaction of the dealership.

First victum of your Fabia the projector lamp.

I know.
It is supposed to be the best feature of the top variant!!
Anyways' date=' pleasantly surprised with the positive reaction of the dealership. [/quote']

Prpbably they have faced the same problem from other customers also.

me too perplexed which car 2 go 4 city highway use.approx usage 2000-2500 k.....want a good diesel car around 7-7.5 lac which is tough' date='safe,luxurious n driving pleasure.. 

[/quote']

Why people dont consider CEDIA. It is a good powerful car with high fuel efficiency and great build quality.

Apart from poor service backup and low resale, any other reported problems????

b.t.w i really like the looks of fabia from every corner its worth watching this beautiful hatch....do update us with review of your car...how much service costs' date=' running cost and stuff[/quote']
Will do.
Am planning on a trip to the hills this weekend, and that should be able to spice up the review.
In the meantime, Costs -
Service- Zero : The first service is due at 7500 km
Running costs : 1800 km so far on mostly city roads and the SNH. overall average mileage (AC on all the time!!) is 13.8 kmph and the best I got was 14.1
New bugbear. The Right Head Lamp is fogging up in the rains. Spoke to Skoda just now, and they have said that they will pick up the vehicle tomm. and replace the H/Lamp.

eagerly waiting

even in my swift' date='after heavy rains,the insides get fogged [/quote']

even if you drive merc. my friend you will find the same problem....you cannot defy nature..

me too perplexed which car 2 go 4 city highway use.approx usage 2000-2500 k.....want a good diesel car around 7-7.5 lac which is tough' date='safe,luxurious n driving pleasure.. 

[/quote']

Why people dont consider CEDIA. It is a good powerful car with high fuel efficiency and great build quality.

Apart from poor service backup and low resale, any other reported problems????

cedia is in 8+ segemnt.....i would suggest new  fiesta petrol or aveo which are around lakh and a half cheaper then diesel verna. with 2000 km monthly coverage you will spend around 1,2 lacs more on fuel in 5 years and servicing will be less expensive then diesel. and yes depreciation on petrol will be less so you that is also going to be point of major consideration. if i had been at your place i would have gone for new honda city. coz fiesta diesel doesnot excite me and verna is the only car i feel competitive to honda.

given majid's long list i doubt he will be able to buy a car !!!! its a case of spending 7 lacs and wanting a car having features of 30 lacs !!!! u have to compromise in d market as you wont alwaysz get wat u want in every car !!!!

congrats aditya ur fabia is prooving a bit more fuel efficient than i thought it would be.....i was thinking that fabia wont average more than 10 but itz good for yaaaa.....but tell me one thing aditya do u feel the car is sluggish in terms of throttle responses ???????????

@Majid all the diesel car's listed are the all available in the market .If verna is expensive then only sedan is Dzire ZDi which comes in your budget Also if you want space and drivability is a good package then Fusion TDCi+ is for you .It has good driving manners and don't worry much about the spares Ford has taken a hit with its expensive spare price and is doing to improve it because the Tourist people have stopped buying their car due to this .

congrats aditya ur fabia is prooving a bit more fuel efficient than i thought it would be.....i was thinking that fabia wont average more than 10 but itz good for yaaaa.....but tell me one thing aditya do u feel the car is sluggish in terms of throttle responses ???????????

Sluggish wrt to throttle response. Absolutely, till I discovered that the way to drive it was to drop a gear before even thinking up accelerating.

This is the way it used to be until power got upped by about 15% on the switch to MPFI. I remember in my old Esteem (carb) even at 80-90kph when overtaking with a load or the AC on I learnt to shift down by one or even two notches.

Incidentally the quote you have put in (from mehul_bhp) is definitely not in English.sms'ese is banned, so may be FRG should delete it!

Hello Aditya

When are you going to post your Fabia review.

Also if you had to buy the car all over again, will you still buy it again. Please advise reasons for 'yes or no'

Cheers

AdityaM,

I heard about some engine modifications being done to Fabia Petrols due to which some deliveries have been delayed.

Heard of any such thing from your dealer?

AdityaM' date='

I heard about some engine modifications being done to Fabia Petrols due to which some deliveries have been delayed.

Heard of any such thing from your dealer?
[/quote']

If it is true then it may be good news for Fabia sales. They must boost the power of 1.4 litre petrol to about 100 bhp. Some user has complained on another forum that the car is so much underpowered that it can climb up from a underground car park in 1st gear only, so how will it climb to some hill station.

By the way what is the source of your info.

I wonder why Aditya is not posting his review.