Sign in to follow this  
reddy

DO NOT PUMP THE BRAKES

isnt stomping the pedal real hard the natural reflex in an emergency? thats the reason for ABS to avoid lock-up when the average motorists freezes on the brake pedal, ABS or no ABS

As far as I know ABS or the car does not pump the brakes for you what the abs does is sense if any of the wheels is about to lock and blocks brake pressure to it an action which can take place many times a second this is what gives you the pulsating feeling on the brake pedal. The newer Mercedes which have the Sensotronic brake system could probably be described as a car which pumps the brakes for you as it converts pressure on the brake pedal into impulses and another pump somewhere sends appropriate pressure to the wheels, there is though a dual system with direct hydraulics as a back up.

I think most of the car users will not be bothered to pump the brakes as the immediate reaction of anybody is to floor the brake pedal in an emergency. In that case i feel putting the stickers will not serve any purpose anyway smiley1.gif

Engine braking is much more useful thing to do.

Really now...

I beg to differ..

As good as modern technology and all is.. I still trust my posterior as far as judging what the cars doing...

ABS is a boon.. but by no stretch of the imagination is it a FOOL(yes thats the spelling I wanna use)PROOF method or tool of avoiding an accident.

And yes.. it still does lock up.

So.. pump away fellow drivers.. the brakes I mean ya buncha sickos!!

Really now...

I beg to differ..

As good as modern technology and all is.. I still trust my posterior as far as judging what the cars doing...

ABS is a boon.. but by no stretch of the imagination is it a FOOL(yes thats the spelling I wanna use)PROOF method or tool of avoiding an accident.

And yes.. it still does lock up.

So.. pump away fellow drivers.. the brakes I mean ya buncha sickos!!

If your posterior dictates your driving I think we need to keep a wide berth ABS or no ABS.

@FRG: ABS is not there to pump the brakes. It is there, so you can steer the car out of danger. Lock the wheels and you wont have steering control, the car choosing to head in the last chosen direction before the wheels locked.

ABS wont let the wheels lock, so you can steer away from that cow that parked itself in the fast lane while also helping you slow down.

Posterior and roomy. Keep at it. You guys make this worthwhile. smiley36.gif

@FRG: ABS is not there to pump the brakes. It is there' date=' so you can steer the car out of danger. Lock the wheels and you wont have steering control, the car choosing to head in the last chosen direction before the wheels locked.

ABS wont let the wheels lock, so you can steer away from that cow that parked itself in the fast lane while also helping you slow down.

Posterior and roomy. Keep at it. You guys make this worthwhile. smiley36.gif

[/quote']

EXACTLY