Durango Dude

What's new about the "new" Toyota Corolla...???

I was disappointed when I saw the Corolla in the latest ACI. It looks as bland or blander than the present model. Interiors are cheap looking and exteriors lack design flare. And the nose job looks like an add on. After seeing the Honda Civic, Toyota must have started with a clean slate, but they have been quiet desperate and brought out a new model - a "knee jerk" reaction to the Civic. All in all Toyota's design dept. needs an overhaul. And the engine is going to be the same.

Durango Dude2008-04-25 18:57:40

Ya still no match to Civic-it really feels a new generation car n so they call it 7th/8th (i dont know exactly) generation car ...even toyota calls it but they should not do that ...the design is adopted from camry but still doesnt looks good n interiors r simple not that good but atleast better than corolla what i saw in dubai as i have not read new edition autocar as i have not recieved that yet..

@ Rssh   the 1.8 ltr engine car looks the same but gets a body kit. thats in US i dont think toyota will give it in india

and it gets all black interiors with with 5 speed automaticAbhi79122008-04-27 05:11:47

I do not understand why such a long article.

Engine: 1.6 against the 1.8 in India

Interiors: India will get upgraded interiors. In this segment these are critical.

I could have been a short pictorial rather than an article.

yeah you are right that the new corolla doesnt has a dynamic shape like civic but people wanting a car with executive looks will alwaysz buy corolla rather than civic which has a sports car type looks......

toyata is losing to honda in india atleast . accord is scoring over camry & now civic is ready to trump even the new genaration corolla. a diesel engine for the corolla will devastate the competition

Rightly pointed out adi1991 .It looks really pathetic without allloys and fog lamp .The ltd editions are just the old corolla .Check their alloys and grill (just like old one).

Toyota should pack their bags and leave India if they do thing at such pace .It a spit on their reliability if they don't care about our market .Where the hell is the fortuner many people waited for it in 06-07 as a rumor was there that it will come in mid 07.

Well the new fiesta is like a DZIRE for India Ford designed it here for developing economys and the new Fiesta launched in US and Euro is different ,If they launch that here then the price will be above 10lakhs.