Sign in to follow this  
jagdishsingh

Why F1 happened only for a year in India?

I was really small to attend an F1 race in 2013. I really wish F1 racing starts again in India. really looking forward to it. Does anyone know why the race commission cancelled Indian GP from the championship schedule? Also, it will be cool to see MOTO GP happening in India. Obviously the scene of racing fans has increased in the country as compared to 2013.

What are your views? Please feel free to share your views and opinions.

f1-780x470.jpg

From what I've read, there were quite a few bureaucratic hurdles and tax disputes between the FIA and the UP government. Adding to that, this was a privately funded event, so finances were a big issue as well. Unfortunately, don't see F1 coming back to India unless the government decides to give the event some backing

There has always been a problem with respect to permissions and tax when there comes to conducting such global events like these. Sometimes, government should subsidise taxes and be considerate in terms of permissions as that would attract more global events to India. The scale of this event like F1 is very huge and it would also help promote more such sports. Government should also focus on other sports than only focusing and promoting cricket.