rakeshsinha

Chevy's LATEST defect free Aveo 1.4

hi friends,

I hv been informed that the new chevy Aveo 1.4 and 1.6 which were introduced after March 2007 are better and excellent sedans with good safety features and fuel efficiency. The problem related to gear shift is now a history. Its interiors and comfort is already having  world class features. The new Aveo was re-launced due to having all these good features and now the customer's feedback is favourable. Any idea as it is available in 6.5 L (base 1.4 LS) ??? It can give milleage 12-18 Km in city-highway, another reason behind this VFM. On road it look good and bigger than what it is.

I think you talked about this earlier in the forum if you like it then buy it .Also one thing in ACI may issue a happy aveo owner stands exclusive .He is happy with its exclusivity .

Defect free: you must be joking. Powers surveys show that there are around 100 defects per 100 cars in the best of them, i.e. an average of about one per car.I am reminded of the dedication of a computer book about 30 years ago

Dedicated to the bug free computer, if there is one.

Amen

Talking abt the car,there have been a few subtle changes like chrome rings around the speedo/tacho clusters,aluminium rings around air con vents etc...oh and they say the gear shift quality has been improved...apart from that its the same old aveo we know

I think you talked about this earlier in the forum if you like it then buy it .Also one thing in ACI may issue a happy aveo owner stands exclusive .He is happy with its exclusivity .

hi, I was interested in the new Aveo 1.4 LS of 2008. I hv recd an official reply from GMs that the revised version of this car has no issues related to earlier customer complaints.

@rakeshsinha. Good that they have fixed the gremlins. But this does not translate into a faultless car' date=' least of all from GM on their cheapo label. [/quote']

Dear Sir, I hv seen this car (the limited edition AVEO 1.4 LS). whereas this car is already known for its good interiors and comforts, i do not hv much idea about safety. GM's have metioned that the car is safe. I am living in a small city and my average running per day is appx 12-15 Km. i wanted a VFM sedan and liked aveo out of SX4 and Verna. Honda car dealer is not available in my city.

hi.. since you live in a small city please check the aftersales service and parts availbility of Gm cars as it can pose a big problem for you in the future.. hyundai and maruti has better aftersales service and parts are never a problem with them.. i like the aveo also out of verna and sx4 but before buying just remember it wont give you a good resale no matter what the dealer says.. gm and ford cars dont have good resale.. verna and sx4 both are good cars.. if aftersales service and parts availbilty is not a problem then i think you should go aveo since you like it soo much and its a very good car.. but if you love driving then take a test drive of fiesta i am sure you will love it but check there aftersales support and parts availbility also as ford service doesnt have a good reputation and there parts are generally very expensive.. you can also consider skoda fabia as it has good interiors, solid build, good fe, nice ride & handling but engine isnt that good and its overpriced and aftersales service is not the best and parts are expensive.. hope this helps.