man2705

confused over city gxi, fiesta diesel and verna

I like the look of city gxi and smooth drive of the ford fiesta diesel and power of the verna.totally confused which one to buy?have a budget of 10L.would you experts please help me

i will recommend you the verna. if you dont prefer its looks, spice it up with some minor aftermarket additions like alloys and stuff and you can make your car look coolest in th crowd. also hyundai's service and spares are the cheapest and they are very reliable. also the resale value is good.

also have a look at the optra magnum diesel since you have a budget for that and its a segment higher.

With the car selected you want a car economical to run and wit 10 lakhs budget you can buy a higher segment car such as Optra Diesel . In the other three I choose Verna VGT for sheer power.

I do approx 10000 to 12000km annually.my intention is to buy a confortable good fuel milege vehicle.I have teken test drive of all these vehicles.thanks a lot for your expert comends

I would suggest you to check out the Diesel Verna once again, as these days it is nothing more than a myth that Diesel Car service is expensive, it is not so, Performance and Refinement are class leading and being a Hyundai you will get all the necessary service backup, the only drawback would be the Initial Price Premium that you pay for a Diesel Car.

No turbo car can match the linear and smooth power delivery of a petrol. @arpitag : what is the price differential of the Verna diesel & petrol? Going by price difference alone the change over point from Petrol to Diesel is in the 15000 to 18000km per annum range. Howevr, looking at the experience as a whole I put it at nearer 25000km.

The new city is expected to have all VTeC engines, and is expected by August. Expect a 5-10% price increase.

City Vtec with a 10L budget

City idsi Gxi with a sub 10L budget

Honda anyday will beat other cars on build quality and maintainance costs hands down!

Others might sound cheaper today, Fords have a chronic suspension problem...esp Fiesta, I know 2 people who bought 'em and have already had their front shocks replaced within one year! (FYI...both owner driven, one's in Mumbai and the other in Delhi...different drivers, cities n conditions). The paint quality is far too bad, my 4 yr old City still looks perfect while the Fiestas' look a bit scruffy!

What Arpitag has said is correct, today it would be old fashioned to say that you have to rack up miles if you have to buy a diesel, a diesel is as good as a petrol if you compare comparable engines like the Verna and the City or the Magnum, the City's space at the rear is fantastic, but is not big hearted again the service cost for a city is higher than say a Hyundai

@rssh: dude lets compare ones which can be compared!!!

We're not comparing between segments!!!!!!!!!

Surprising that people on this forum classified as 'Advance Lic." can actually make such silly comparisons!!

Well in his previous post he said that Honda anyday will beat other cars on build quality and maintainance costs hands down.

I don't wanna create a mess so please stop it here only

Well in his previous post he said that Honda anyday will beat other cars on build quality and maintainance costs hands down.

I don't wanna create a mess so please stop it here only

I was talking with ref to the discussion...my comment was restricted to the segment...(as mentioned by bluesaphire) and must say I am not wrong in saying dat.

We're all adults (there might be some below 18 as well) and here to discuss cars. In a discussion forum there will be differences in opinions and some misunderstandings...@the end what matters is that no offense is meant and none is taken!  But a bit of poking only adds to the fun...as in Cricket ;) lol

It was in respect to other cars in comparision anyways lets stop it here ....from the lot go for a petrol car n have a look at corolla base n also have a look at city vtec plus with abs n airbags...

I would suggest: wait for a while if possible, im sure a new Corolla is coming pretty soon (looking at the deals at dealerships) and I read sumwhere in this forum dat a new city lineup is due 4 launch with all vtec engines...September is a good month...get depriciation benefits too!! Then some might say Diwali is the best time...depends on ur requirement and patience!

If u look at prices today, a City Vtec Plus on road is 11Lakh-ish...Civic MT is roughly the same ex-showroom!! add another lac or so for on-road...try to haggle at the dealership (generally Honda dealers dont give discounts but no harm tryin!!)