Sign in to follow this  
brownie

best car within 9 lac!

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a new car within about Rs. 9lac. My priorities are performance, looks, handling, and reliability. Also, resale value is a consideration since i will use the car for max 3-4 years.

I dont really care about fuel efficiency or rear seat /boot space.

I am 6"2' tall, so driver comfort and ergonomics are important too. the car will be used mostly in the city with occasional highway blasts :)

Which car do you recommend?

brownie.

I eel that, SX4 ZXi or Honda city VTECH with ABS ans Airbag options will be best for you. I think, since the resale value is so high priority for you, you cannot consider Cedia. You can also search for 1year old corrola.

Buy a used Octavia RS as performance and handling is high on your list and you cannot afford a new one. Otherwise a Palio 1.6 comes to my mind, quick, handles well and tough.

The Cedia is a great car but underpowered and over your budget. You can tune it up for higher power though.

A used Corolla will be okay but it won't handle well and high speed stability is questionable.

Finally, you will not get resale value for any performance car in India. So getting a fast and powerful car with good resale value is unlikely.

Go for Corolla dealers are giving good discounts but it will be near 9.5lakhs .Also try Cedia sport you will love it and it has free insurance now.

within 9 lakh' date=' i think the car which suits your requirement is the verna petrol.

[/quote']

but the verna is not a good hadler. the frond suspension is too soft. For Cedia, the resale value will be less.. Resale value wise, city, SX4 and also verna(probably) will be good..

yes, the verna is not a good handler, but it is high on performance, looks, reliabilty and resale value, his other requirements.

also, the city is not a good performer. so he cant get everything he mentioned in a single car. so i think the verna is a good compromise, what say?

Wow thanks for the helpful suggestions! as it stands, cars that i have ruled out are:

City - i would kick myself for buying one now since the new one will be out by the year-end.... but i need to buy a car within 10 days!

Verna - nice car, but was not exciting to drive (esp petrol)

Cars i am still evaluating

SX4 ZXi - tentatively my top option at the moment

Corolla - I didnt know it was available at 9.5L... I will def. test drive. I heard a new model would be out this year - is it a major upgrade?

Cedia - somehow i overlooked this car, but i dont see many on the roads

SRV - I love the looks but am yet to drive the car. I am sure this will be a depreciation disaster

Used cars - I saw a few of Accord V6 and Octavia RS... fantastic cars but were poorly maintained :( does anyone know of any for sale in Delhi?

thanks again for all the help!

Corolla - I didnt know it was available at 9.5L... I will def. test drive. I heard a new model would be out this year - is it a major upgrade?

By the write up in May ACI it is not. Nothing is as reliable as a Corolla.

For performance u can also have a look at fiesta 1.6 petrol as it is a drivers car so can suit your requirements...or if u like sx4 go ahead with that n ya corolla is available with very good discounts..u can get it around 9.5l n in delhi the prices of cars r cheapest ..

Forget the SRV from your mind . Go for Corolla but do test drive Cedia sport .Try hard and you can bring the cost down by 80k + free insurance .It may be not popular but good handler.

what about a safari or a scorpio.........

well don't think their resale would be great but probably the diesel saves you some money......

and about the handling part........ well they are better than others on so called city roads of india (actually it's more like off roading)smiley36.gif

POST DELETED.

Note From Admin: Go through the rules and regulations of the board before posting any further. One liners that do not add any value are prohibited. Repeated infractions may cause you to loose your rights to post.
FuelRunGod2008-07-02 11:21:04