Rajeevraj

6 month review of my Zen-With a couple of pics

Its 6 months since i bought my 2003 model zen. So thought will put in my feedback on the car.

I bought it from Maruti Truevalue and it had run 45000K when i bought it. I had gone hunting for a used alto to replace my 800 but fell in lov with this when i saw it. Since then i have driven around 6000Km. This includes a 3 week period when it ran around 3000km.

What i lov about it:

The performance and driving comfort. Really awesome. Since i got this I have driven the wagonR and also the swift, but somehow felt more comfortable driving the zen.

The gear shifts- extremely smooth

Comfortable seating and handling- The low seating is very comortable for long drives. I did an up and down drive to Chennai on the GQ and also a long drive from Bangalore to Calicut in kerala through a ghat section and Bandipur  forests(roads with lot of hairpin bends and curves). It was great.

Bad things:

The low seating is a disadvantage in city where side corner visibility is less.. not a major issue.. more of an inconvinience

Had to replace clutch and AC compressor conked off (luckily both was  covered by True Value Warranty)

Other small issues related to being a car that has run 45000Km

Overall i am very happy with the vehicle and really enjoy driving it. Here are a couple of pics :

Rajeevraj2008-04-29 14:39:30

Bar ground Clearance, the old Zen (and you got it before the guys at Maruti gave it a facelift?) has always been a car which has had ardent fans.

Its cute look is still relevant today!!

Happy driving!!

Good looking car especially this colour with alloys...n in true sense best maruti ever with low maintenance n Fe n good stability....

And the replacement is a slur on the name!!

Hey man whats your height I find it less comfy than Swift .

I am 5" 11. Ya for seating and entering and exiting swift is prob much better. Getting into the zen is a little difficultsmiley17.gif but once ur seated that low sitting seems very comfortable.

Of course i have driven the swift only a couple of times and hence i may be biased towards my carsmiley1.gif

i own a zen ( lx 2001 1lakh km) and i feel that it was the best small car till i10 came.......santro has an awkward drive position and itz pedals are really awkwardly placed......wagonr is high and doesnt give u confidence to do high speed cornering(santro as well)....zen is such a car u can do high speed cornering and it feels planted to road on high speeds and the thing i love about zen is that itz speed and acceleration from 3rd gear onwardsz is superb !!!

Ya but u cant compare overall quality of zen with santro ...n even santro is stable on high speeds though zen was better but still u cant say that santro is not stable ....ya wagonr is totally instable

Well, have driven both on the highways at 140 odd (speedo reading).

Am not so sure I can agree with you on the statement that the Wag R is unstable.

Have heard that about the Omni too, but at the speeds it is capable of, it is passable.

hey aditya my facts might have been wrong but what i meant was that santro and wagonr doesent gives u confidence at high speeds on highway.....suppose u r doing 140 kmph and suddenly sumthing comes in front of u....then u will have to use the steering and change the direction and then u will come to know what i mean....dese cars are not meant for high speed cornering !!!!

being low heighted car zen has good stability...it holds the road while running and never loses balance...Same is the case with my old City though there's problem with entry and exit but once you are in it gives xtreme comfort....and has wonderful stability and handles well much better car than new city....

hey aditya my facts might have been wrong but what i meant was that santro and wagonr doesent gives u confidence at high speeds on highway.....suppose u r doing 140 kmph and suddenly sumthing comes in front of u....then u will have to use the steering and change the direction and then u will come to know what i mean....dese cars are not meant for high speed cornering !!!!

I agree. Both these cars are not meant for the Elk Test!!

But, is there any major difference between the two?

being low heighted car zen has good stability...it holds the road while running and never loses balance...Same is the case with my old City though there's problem with entry and exit but once you are in it gives xtreme comfort....and has wonderful stability and handles well much better car than new city....

Totally agree.

It is a pity that these two wonderful cars are now history!!

No worries low heighted car looked royal but now everyone likes sporty model so companies r providing sporty models like city n sx4...but Civic is the perfect blend of a royal n sporty car say royalsport car which acc. To me hav never seen such blend before in india..