325i

Indigo CS with DICOR engine

Tata will be launching the Indigo CS with the DICOR engine next week. Apparently there is a waiting list for the CS with the standard TDi engine (which will continue). It remains to be seen how Tata prices the CS DICOR because price is the only way it can compete with the others. The DZire has raised the bar for lower C-segment diesels. Can Tata compete? Not with the current quality.

I am confused by three power plants with very similar output.- TDI, DICOR and the Multijet. Which will survive? One point may be whether the TDI can be developed to meet Euro IV (and beyond). 

Its the Tata's style of marketing- introduce the goodies step by step, though DICOR on the ol' 1405cc Tata engine is nothing so good and  new. Also as the Indigo CS has waiting lists, the company will unfold a few features as and when the going gets tough. When I saw the CS variants in February, it had no power window options at all.There were very few "C" class features on the CS.Its best slotted between the"B" and "C" class.

i think tata is understanding the need for refined diesel engines.......they should involve some foreign company and make a good diesel like scorpio did with the m-hawk engine !!!

i think tata is understanding the need for refined diesel engines.......they should involve some foreign company and make a good diesel like scorpio did with the m-hawk engine !!!

they did with safari 2.2 vvti engine....its the same one as m-hawk engine with more bhp ofcourse...they have jointly developed it with AVL. 

indigo cs will come with inhouse developed 1.4.ltr dicor engine at same price...now tata will have two segments in diesel indica  and indigo cs with dicor engine staring from 3.75-4.5 lacs....and new indica v3 and indigo starting from 4.5 lacs - 6 lacs with multijet engine.... all other engines tdi and non turbo will be discontinued after new pollution norms come into action....

I am confused by three power plants with very similar output.- TDI' date=' DICOR and the Multijet. Which will survive? One point may be whether the TDI can be developed to meet Euro IV (and beyond).  [/quote']

sir the three power plants you are talking about are totally different from each other in terms of power,acceleration,refiness,compliance of pollution norms....and hence cater to different segments....and obviously latest tech. multijet scores above other two and hence will be available at a premium

its priced around 40k costlier than the present TDi

Rgrds' date='

Priya
[/quote']

yeah its around 50ks more than tdi ls...comes down to 4,86,316 ex showroom chd....i would suggest wait for 4-5 monthd they are definitely going to cut prices to the tune of 30-35ks on this as its there old habit to over price there product first and then give discounts