• 294881344.jpg

• 294881855.jpg

• 2948811432.jpg

• 2948812051.jpg

• 2948812058.jpg

Source Autocar UK  Test date 30 April 2008 
Price as tested ?16,595
For Lots of space for the money, generously equipped, respectable dynamics
AgainstLack of refinement, dated fascia, bland looks, braking below par in the wet
The design, engineering and manufacturing facilities that created
this car were once part of Korean giant Daewoo. GM picked up the pieces
of this failing car company in 2002, as part of its plan to turn
previously US-centric Chevrolet into a global brand.
The strategy is working too, not least due to the dynamism of the
Korean GM hub that has developed this Epica, though it

If this one comes to India' date=' I think it will be between Aveo and Optra ie. above Aveo but below or same level as Optra [/quote']

well from the looks of it doesn't looker cheaper than optra in any way...... it will be either costlier or an upgrade to optra

It will be surely above optra for sure because its a premium one will compete with laura n another 15-17l cars...these were cabs in dubai with other cars like camry n mondeo estate n etc...the interiors are great n looks arent that bad..

But i think' date=' with better intr=eriors, this will be a succes in india. Will it be the optra replacement..?

[/quote']

It is in the 2.0 L slot , so maybe they slot it in the Hyundai Sonata/ Skoda Octavia/Laura/ range. There are 2.0 L  petrol and  diesel options for this Korean Chevrolet too.

But i think' date=' with better intr=eriors, this will be a succes in india. Will it be the optra replacement..?

[/quote']It is in the 2.0 L slot , so maybe they slot it in the Hyundai Sonata/ Skoda Octavia/Laura/ range. There are 2.0 L? petrol and? diesel options for this Korean Chevrolet too.

I dont think the Camry is getting scared yet

yes its not a real luxury brand but it really better than the camry which is like 25 laks and this is the same cost as accord which is like 16-17 lks ????.

but i would like if chevrolet would stop bringing those deawoos and bring cars like cobalt, malibu

Nowadays the D segment luxury cars are becoming expensive like accord which started from 13 to 14lacs n now has moved to 20l n above(the all new one)even camry started with around 16 n went up to 24 so i think if this chevy priced at around 15 with diesel n good safety features n if fully loaded can be a hit in india...but again whatever the features may be the car should be diesel..coz for any other brand to compete honda n toyota the latter should be diesel ...people are ready to spend for low Fe expensive petrol car of only Honda n toyota..