vineet

New Launches

Can someone plz suggest the details about the which cars are to be launched this year till say Oct & precise month when they are to be launched?

I have seen many contrdictory reports in various sites some suggesting X date other suggesting the first is wrong.

Plz help & advice.

May be we get New Hyundai elantra(avante) and santa fe....also i20 may debut in india in end 08 or early 2009....And mahindra ingenio....

Avante reminds me of the Citroen Avante - one of the first FWD cars. Remember Citroen were technically way ahead of their times - GS (or Frogmobile as the Brits called it) in the 50's, hydropneumatic suspension, road clearance adjustment, brake by wire, self ventring steering (evena t idle) etc. etc. Would be advanced even today. And of course the Two Horses (2CV). Cross linkage of front & rear suspension.

Thanks all for the inputs what my quest was that " do we know the confirmed timelnes for these vehicles?"

I have not been able to get exact timelines to help plan my next buy.

I am keenly awaiting Jetta & Avante but dont know much more than that they are expected this year. I checked with my sources in Hyundai & as per them Avante launch is all speculation & same will not hit market anywhere before middle of 2009.smiley6.gif

It may be true as there was article that for india they have to cut down prices to be competitive enough but they are not able to do so n this time they dont want any flops from themselves like elantra n terracan n even sonata n tucson ...thats the reason why their Santa fe is delaying for launch ...the only thing is low pricing which they r not able to meet

The Jetta maybe launched in a couple of months. But the dealers aren't willing to guarantee this. Their earlier date was in May. Wonder why VW is so hush-hush about this. After all, they don't have other cars in their stable whose sales would get affected by the news.

Thanks all for the inputs what my quest was that " do we know the confirmed timelnes for these vehicles?"

I have not been able to get exact timelines to help plan my next buy.

I am keenly awaiting Jetta & Avante but dont know much more than that they are expected this year. I checked with my sources in Hyundai & as per them Avante launch is all speculation & same will not hit market anywhere before middle of 2009.smiley6.gif

Come on FIAT Linea was supposed to be launched in July .They always launch late thats the reason for dumb peerformance .They should launch it before the City so that mass Linea can make people think that it must be good and buy it.Or else no one will look at it . Ohhh!!! its a FIAT don't look at it.

The latest is a small car (3~5 lacs) from Skoda' date=' which will be launched in India (2009?)[/quote'] Aditya, I think Skoda doesnt have a model to sell in 3-5 lakhs range other than the Fabia.

Come on FIAT Linea was supposed to be launched in July .They always launch late thats the reason for dumb peerformance .They should launch it before the City so that mass Linea can make people think that it must be good and buy it.Or else no one will look at it . Ohhh!!! its a FIAT don't look at it.

Three months is much better than three years. No prizes for guessing who delayed three years!

The latest is a small car (3~5 lacs) from Skoda' date=' which will be launched in India (2009?)[/quote'] Aditya, I think Skoda doesnt have a model to sell in 3-5 lakhs range other than the Fabia.

As per a news item in the Times of India 10th may, Skoda is planning a small car for India. It will be priced between Rs 3-5 lakh and India will be the first country in which it will be sold. At present Skoda has a localisation of 15% which they plan to increase to 50%. Also on the cards for next year are the new Laura, the new Octavia and the Fabia Combi as well as an SUV in 2009. Company sources have said the compact car will be launched "in the Rs 3-5 lakh segment, below the Fabia" and will be built on a "completely new platform".

I read in this months issue of a magazine that Jetta is going to be launched in July with two engines one 1.6l petrol & other 1.9l diesel (same as Laura) @105bhp for 12 to 16 lakhs.