sudeepd

How to Decarbonise the engine and silencer of vehi

How to decarbonise the engine and silencer of two wheelers and four wheelers?

I want to know Decarbonising Procedure for engine and silencer of following vehicles

1. TVS Scooty Pep (75cc)

2. Tata Indigo LS.

Can someone suggest me Do It Yourself type remedies.

Should I use the Engine Flush from Bardahl work for Tata Indigo?

I do following for My Bajaj Pulsar 180 while replacing Engine Oil--

Park the Pulsar such that the rear tyre doe not touch the groundWarm Engine and shut off. Drain old oil. Fill 1 litre diesel in oil chamber. Start engine in Neutral and run the engine for 20 seconds and turn off. Wait for 5 minutes. Start engine and engage 1st gear and run the engine for 20 seconds and turn off. Wait for 5 minutes. Start engine and engage 2nd gear and run the engine for 20 seconds and turn off. Wait for 5 minutes. Start engine and engage 3rd gear and run the engine for 20 seconds and turn off. Wait for 5 minutes. Follow this procedure for 4th and 5th gears. And again for 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st and Neutral.

Then Drain Diesel completely i.e., let the last drop of diesel come out.

Now fill Fresh Engine Oil.

Now please tell me how to decarbonise Engine and Silencer of TVS Scooty Pep and Tata Indigo LS

sudeepd2008-05-03 14:17:53

Its better to attempt such jobs like decarbonising only with an experienced hand. The Indigo silencer needs no regular decarbonising.  In fact the car engine is decarbonised  at specified intervals of maybe 50,000 kms.The workshop manual is essential in such cases. Also the Scooty Pep is 4 stroke, in which very less carbon accumulates within the silencer, as the ignition is more or less complete in a 4 stroke engine. Two stroke engines need decarbonisation every 20,000 kms or so. 

Bardahl is used as per the instructions on the container. Before draining, it is mixed with the engine oil and usually the car has to run 100 Kms or so and thereafter the oil is let out, to get more engine residues dissolved and drained.

It involves cutting and opening it and cleaning....quite tedious

I dont like to get the silencer cut and cleaned as the welding signs are left when the silencer is welded after cutting.

Any another remedy?

Does someone know about a chemical or some solution which should be poured in the silencer and then the silencer will get cleaned without harming the internal parts of silencer?

I mean does any chemical exist in which Carbon Deposits present in the silencer get dissolved and no harm is done to the internals of the silencer?

Please reply