DARXIDE

ugly d'zires??

Hey one thing a reader posted in June ACI that blacked out A pillar should be body painted to get good looks to it,itsn't it funny .I say let him buy a LDi or LXi .Actually a blackened B pillar in Laura makes it look good .Why didn't Skoda painter think of that ? Dumb people .

My boy u got it wrong, the dezire in any case does not have very clean lines, the suggestion was to improve the lines with in the scope of the design. You know that only if you are an artist or have a sense of design, cujo.

The very fact that some of you have chosen to debate on the dzire's looks talks about its importance in today's C segment market in India. I had booked the swift VDI earlier and had changed my decision and bought the DZIRE VDI instead. On the outset, I agree that the DZIRE is not a great looker like say the fiesta or even the verna. Swift was meant to be a hatchback and the sedan was only an after thought. But as a car, it is fantastic do drive. Its not too big and just the right size to drive in the city. OK..So lets talk about the competitors of the dzire..Logan looks straight out of those 1990's cars from the soviet union. Yes, its spacious, but are you going to be driving with 5 people all the while? Indigo-> as everybody knows, quality issues are paramount. A,B, & C segment cars are bought by people for their practicality and not for the looks! With a gem of an engine, excellent interiors, best VFM, no car can beat the dzire at the moment.

You guys can go on about the looks..It is not going to matter to the 6000 owners of the dzire nor the thousands who have queued up to buy the same!

no need to draw comparisons!!!

best diesel entry level sedan having good driveability - swift dzire.

worst looking entry level sedan india has ever seen i.m.o - swift dzire  after amby ofcourse.

given a choice under strict budget if i require sedan will i go for it - yes definitely . as how much time i am going to stand out and curse its looks. i am going to be on other side enjoying drive.

but i am praying tata launches new indigo a.s.a.p and ford new ikon.atleast let us have something to compare with dzire. as of now no competition. close your eyes and buy it as you might not be able to do it with open eyes.

at entry level sedan you are not going to get refinement levels, quality levels of 10 lac sedan....so that is not much of a issue....if one can curb his desires for looks to buy dzire then these issues are of very less importance.....see fabia except engine everything has in its stride but you are going to get it at premium.....even if you compare swift with getz ...getz is miles ahead in terms of almost everything except wrong choice of petrol engine. its simple you have to pay more for quality levels you expect so please dont start craving for everything when you are not willing to pay for it.