ravihema4

palio multijet or swift diesel

well i think palio is not at all going to be a good choice and according to me given the numbers fiat is selling in india,it looks that within 2-3 years they will be packing their bags soon !!!! 

according to me given the numbers fiat is selling in india' date='it looks that within 2-3 years they will be packing their bags soon !!!! 

[/quote']well i dont think so after launch of Punto and linea...

bluesapphire2008-05-28 11:11:09

i think rather than selling cars in india fiat should tie up with other companies and supply their engines...swift has a fiat engine and palio can never hope in its wildest dreams to sell that number !!! dats a prob as i did a test drive of palio d and the engine dint have the sharp responses as i noticed in swift !!!

i think rather than selling cars in india fiat should tie up with other companies and supply their engines...swift has a fiat engine and palio can never hope in its wildest dreams to sell that number !!! dats a prob as i did a test drive of palio d and the engine dint have the sharp responses as i noticed in swift !!!

nice idea!!! but as far as i can feel in palio the engine is calibrated to more linear response unlike swift where there is sudden surge after turbo lag. i havenot t.d extensively to come to conclusion but thats what i felt over short drive.

The sudden surge after the turbo kicked in was one of the quirky things in the Swift Diesel that I loved!!

trust me you are not going to love it in everyday driving. and in stop go traffic its kind of frustrating sometimes waiting for turbo to kick in. but thankfully swift diesel has enough lower grunt to tackle that.

In stop go traffic, you rarely hit the rpm at which the Turbo kicks in!!

Had the vehicle for a good six months, and was in love with every nut and bolt on it.

Have transferred my affections to the Fabia now!!

Have driven the swift d n it has excellent engine ...but i love d build quality of palio n also it has good stability n space/comfort....swift d is a big hit thanx to fiat so hats off to fiat ....

In stop go traffic' date=' you rarely hit the rpm at which the Turbo kicks in!!
Had the vehicle for a good six months, and was in love with every nut and bolt on it.
Have transferred my affections to the Fabia now!![/quote']

i beg to differ Sir, as in second and thrid gear it does not take much time to cross 18-2000 rpm after which turbo kicks and car shoots like a rocket and if you have to brake then again you have to brake hard. so in stop go traffic or traffic at relatively low pace its kind of tiring after a while. but its a boon on highway .

That would depend on the size of your shoe!

What I mean is, it is not difficult to handle the surge, once you know it is coming, and the surge is not so bad that you need to be left-foot braking all the time.

yes your left direction will defintely be not mine if we are standing opposite to each other.....so point of views may differ but with its plus and minus this is the gem of a engine and hats off to fiat,suzuki,GM to come together and produce this one.

i would say you should go in for the swift, however if your budget is something more than  lac  how about going in for the new ford fiesta 1.6S.

Note from admin:

Post edited. Please refrain from advertising on other websites.
FuelRunGod2008-07-02 06:08:14

Yeah ! they look like fors 1.6S fans .Back to the topic

the Palio has 75bhp and 18.6 torque & thw swift has 70bhp and 19.8 torque why is this difference if it was vice versa then I can understand but Palio is more heavy and need more torque than power isn't it ?

well there is a difference in terms of performance between palio d and swift d....while the swift d takes 13.8 secs to complete 0-100 kmph the palio d takes close to 15.5 secs to do the same...the fiat's spares cost really a bomb and the amount u spend on replacing a fender on palio u can replace a bonnet on the swift !!!! the palio is a very high maintainance car for details refer to aci's spare parts survey......with such a pathetic service network and palio d averages just around 12 kmpl in city while swift goes on to 15-16 kmpl.....the price difference of around 30 k in favour of palio but someone has got to be really brave in buying a palio !!!!

If you can wait, Grande Punto will be here soon. Palio is a old car.

But if you are in a hurry go for the palio.But  see that you get a good dealer who can do the servicing with out much fuss.

If you have a family and you go out regularly with your family then PALIO.

If you are a newly wed. go for the Swift.

i think you should go for the swift vdi instead of palio multijet if you are looking from the engine aspect and service too . both the cars have got same engines but swift has the upper edge as it has got more power and better average than the palio mj . also what u will get is better resale and better service than a palio . one dissapointment only in the swift is that its body is not as strong as the palio and can be dangerous in case of accidents . drive safe if u buy the swift .