ravihema4

palio multijet or swift diesel

Hi,

I had old palio diesel and recently sold it. I was very much satisfied with the car except the service part. Now I am planning to buy a new one either palio multijet or swift diesel. I like more of palio but I am really worried about the service by Tata. Is it possible to do the service in all Tata show rooms ? My dearest sales dealer at present is at Coimbatore which is 150 kms from my place. Can anybody help with regard to this?

The new palio multijet is much better than previous one n u were happy with ur palio it has good build quality n space with performance with 150kms is really far n for this reason i think u should consider swift as its maruti n they have best service network ...but if u go coimbatore at regular intervals then u can consider fiat

I think u should go in for the palio provided u r sure of service...though not all tata dealers provide service,maybe u can request them and see what they say..otherwise swift is not a bad option at all...

There is no doubt Maruti has a vast service network and the dealer is in my place,Namakkal. I have Wagon R now. I am not satisfied with the suspension part of Wagon R. may be my expectaion is like Palio. This is the additional car I am going to buy.But 3 persons cannot sit comfortably at the back in Swift, looks ???? and the sturdiness, I feel it cannot be compared with Palio. ( I need your opinions ) I enquired Salem and Erode Tata dealers, they say at present they cannot officially do the service but in 6 months time they will be able to do it. Can these guys be believed? I have the apprehension that the extension of the service dealer by Tata Fiat depends on the number of cars to be sold. One of the best cars, palio,( may be the best in its class) gets spoiled because of the service problem. I think people donot consider the quality when they buy.

There is no denying that the network is a reason why Maruti is able to sell cars which may not be class-leading.

As an additional car, I wonder whether you should be bothering about the seating of 3 persons in the back, since this may be a rarer occasion. (Correct me if I am wrong).

As regards Tata dealerships and their work shops, I cant comment, since I have not had the opp. to see these, but the forum members have been less than complimentary about them.

Both these options are amazing vehicles in their own right, and with the same engine, the comparison is more about the personal preferences and external factors than otherwise. I guess you will have to take that call!!

Service is the major issue when u buy n also its service network of maruti which to some extent also contributes in its selling ....ya wagonrs suspension is not that good n swift is not comfortable for 3 neither its as sturdy as palio ....but then its difficult to get palio serviced but then what u did with your old palio for service??

Thanks for your suggestions. I was servicing my previous palio at Salem TVS.I didn't have any problem for 4 years except for the regular servicing. I sold the vehicle just because my close friend was compelling me to give the vehicle to him.He is now very happy with the car. Regarding the back seat, I already have Wagon R which can accomodate only two people. So I thought if 3 can seat comfortably, it will be better though the occasion comes rarely. How about the suspension in Swift? Is it good? Any body who is having the car for at least a year can give ur opinion and  any rattling sound. I have some irritating sound at the back in Wagon R in bumpy roads which the service people cannot correct it.

I think there r still some rattling issues with the swift n suspension much better than wagonr though i think not better than palio n as u own one wagonr the next car must be comfortable even if 3 persons are there occasionaly in ur car the car must be comfortable...

I think if u own 2 cars n if want to go on outing with 5 persons for long distance n if both doesnt serve u the purpose or if both disappoints u then whats the use of 2 cars ....though fiats maintenance is on higher side but when u r in city u can enjoy ur ride with wagonr n their servicing..

hey buddy close ur eyes and go straight to maruti's showroom nd buy urself a swift nd have a hassle free experience and besides according to the review swift is better than palio on every count except space !!!

U want an amby ? no right .....palio has reached end of its life cycle and not worth it ...whatever foundation and lipstick it uses palio is an old lady ..go for the new chick ..close ur eyes and buy a swift

Tweedledum and Tweedledee! So much sturm und drang for almost nothing. Same heart, two bodies.

If you are an optimist - you cannot go wrong whatever you buy. If you a pessimist - the one you did not buy is better.

whats life without adventure ... go for palio....one can have peace of mind after retirementsmiley2.gif
Thats why I wondered that why these days young people are getting heart attacks . Thanks for clearing my doubt. Palio SDX if you have low budget just thatsmiley36.gif