Geforce

New Honda City (Undisguised pics on pg 9)

Hi buddies, any news on when the new Honda City would be launched?

I hope Honda India makes a quick move on this, because Maruti SX4 is rapidly gaining ground in this segment.

Can we expect HONDA to launch the car with a diesel engine?

Spy pictures are welcome.. 

Honda has written in June issue of ACI that they dont have any plans of any diesel car in future. They will stick to petrol.

Their CITY has now become obsolete but dont know when they are going to replace it, as customers who dont look beyond milage continue to buy that so why would Honda replace that. But yes there is a rumour of a new City next year

Honda has written in June issue of ACI that they dont have any plans of any diesel car in future. They will stick to petrol.

But ACI has also shown pictures of CR-V diesel

Hmm, it seems not much information is available on the new Honda City. This means Honda has managed to keep the proceedings really secretive.

Hoping Honda would give us a great car soon.

well i heard honda is going to jack up the prices of the new city and it makes quiet a bit of sense as honda is going to launch jazz at the city's old price !!!! i also heard that cars dimensions are also going to be increased as well with new engines !!!!

They say that the car is 15% more heavier and all Vtec engine and the top varient can cross base Civic .ITs dumbness to do that ,It hope they don't make a cat faced out of it and reduce height and increase suspension stiffness.

in oct-november this year...it really looks stunning and i think after this honda will again work on new model of civic as after this it will dent the civic sales and as usual honda changes every model simultaneously almost every year...

ya but the exteriors are futuristic right and if interiors are also then it might dent as 118bhp is also good against 132 of civic....people buy civic for its styling and if they will get those in city then they will buy city...may be they come up with paddle shifts in city also and if not the atleast for manual transimmsion many will buy city....many city customers are repeatitive or just buy like that if they have enough money coz i have seen this atleast in my city...

and one thing is there are many honda fans in india thats why city was so successful...for this cars there are very few actual buyers with need for others its just they like and buy car...almost same was case with sx4 and so it was a big hit...the people who were bored of city went for sx4 bluesapphire2008-06-26 05:22:00

ya but the exteriors are futuristic right and if interiors are also then it might dent as 118bhp is also good against 132 of civic....people buy civic for its styling and if they will get those in city then they will buy city...may be they come up with paddle shifts in city also and if not the atleast for manual transimmsion many will buy city....many city customers are repeatitive or just buy like that if they have enough money coz i have seen this atleast in my city...

Well if honda loads city with all these goodies the price range will go up in range of Civic that would not make sense for honda as well as buyers.. honda will make every effort to have significant difference between these models that will justify both the products. Is it that civic is so stunning hence people substitute it for accord? i don't think so..different segment different tastes and different target audience..

Waiting for my July ACI to give an opinion. I hope it is better that the 'so called' review of the Corolla. My short list in the >14L segment is expanding. I had the Laura, Civic and the Corolla. Then we added the Jetta. The City may also show up since now it appears to be coming with a proper engine.

ya vtec guy u r right but still many opt for civic instead of accord...i think after civic accord sales were slowing down....There will be buyers of civic but the thing is if styling will be good lot many will opt for it and with good styling it would not go beyond 10lacs ....may be u will not got those safety features..

May be the forthcoming City with a higher price tag (I expect about 5% or so) is the reason that Honda have jacked up the price of the Civic by 50k under the excuse of the 15k hike in excise. 

ya vtec guy u r right but still many opt for civic instead of accord...i think after civic accord sales were slowing down....There will be buyers of civic but the thing is if styling will be good lot many will opt for it and with good styling it would not go beyond 10lacs ....may be u will not got those safety features..

Well if the city gets priced upwards of 8 lacs i wont be surprised and would be happy to pay that to buy it compared to some other cars in current market. the compitetion is no cheap either..1.6 fiesta sxi costs close to 9 lacs on road? in pune.