Geforce

New Honda City (Undisguised pics on pg 9)

You are correct.

This appears to indicate that (possibly barring the AT) all other models will be sub 10L possibly nothing above 9.5L.Incidentally I hear (on another thread) that the AT will now be more economical and will have a torque converter lockup.

The recent launch of Civic E @ 10.8 lakhs is an indication of perhaps what might be the ceiling price for the G3 Honda City.......
civic E is this new variant after S and V...please tell me more about this buddy..

Tell me more about the E varient is it better of in the middle of the two .!

Hmm i think it would be.... historically the Autos have been targetted as Premium+... so Honda would feel if it's an Auto that a buyer wants then he would pay a premium and would neglect even if a manual basic version of Civic is available for the same price.... 

mind you, this is what i think would be Honda's logic, that too if they price the CVT City on a premium to the Civic E....    Not mine.... i would go for the civic... just for that snob value at least...smiley2.gif

they have even removed alloys from E and discontinued S.....the same which i saw in dubai but better than that....previously there was no difference in V and S except leather seats,indicators on Orvms,fog lamps,Aux-in but now there is lots of difference between E and V....even now no cherry red and silverish blue available in E....

just check out features here

I still haven't got my  Autocar yet, so I hope they have changed the looks in a big way. I don't like the looks of the current city at all. Also hope they give an option of a powerful engine and it handles well.

i think they wanted to reduce the prices to increase sales and for those who wants the car with loads of features they have V model which is even better than S...and after launching V there was no use of keeping 2 variants for such lil diff of features....in any more than 1 variant there should be considerable feature of price and features...

We must not forget there are various reasons for buying what is the top priced car in the category. These can be

1. Prestige of the Honda label.

2. Excellent fuel economy Best in class in petrols)

3. Good driving comfort.

4. Creature comforts.

5. Holds resale very well.

The City has never been tops in 4. Hyundai (and of late GM) have always had the 'best value for money' as far as interiors go.Some manufacturreres have been unkind to their older customers. Take the Accent - five years ago the GLS (1.3) was discounted down to about Rs.6L (incl .road  tax). Today the only version with essentially the same specs (they moved down) lists for under 5L.

I would expect the Honda City to have a range from the entry level (ideally the 1.3) all the way to a fully loaded car. These will typically be launched in a phased manner with the top two or three versions coming first.

Imagine a 'City type R' !!! Would be great if they dont discontinue the current City and got the new one as City 'Type R' ...

...but it aint gonna happen!

guysz you dont need to wait for the new hc till diwali cause its going to be launced in india by mid september after it debuts in thailand in early september....many features like i-vtec engine,abs.airbags etc are going to be made standard across all variants !!!!

If abs, airbags are standard across all ranges what will be the basic price be, i am worried that i will have to strech my budget a lot from current Gxi which i was thinking of smiley19.gif

Today's ET

HONDA TO ROLL OUT NEW CITY IN SEPT

Chanchal Pal Chauhan

The Economic Times (Web & Print Edition)

New Delhi: Honda is planning to change the rules of the sedan game with the launch of its next-generation City, the most popular mid-size car in India. The new City-2008, loaded with a host of jazzy features, will hit the market by mid-September. Sources, however, say that the new avatar will be pricier than the current version.

Honda