Geforce

New Honda City (Undisguised pics on pg 9)

I got the information from

http://blog.carazoo.com/2008/08/3rd-generation-honda-city-to-arrive.html that

the new Honda City will be rolled out in September 2008. Built on the Civic

platform, this car will definitely carry a sporty look. Though the price is not

yet revealed, but it will be more than the existing City model. I am eagerly

waiting for the  new City

launch

Selling current model along with new one is not a good strategy. Honda has not done this before in India & has been successful. New City should have ideally replaced the old one.

But then if both are going to be sold together, then old Citys price should be reduced to fight with other Diesel engined cars in the segment. This would also provide an added advantage or bonus to Honda, which otherwise was facing heat from diesel cars.

i think honda with its two pronged stratergy,it wont be wrong to say that they have been really influenced by maruti suzuki from which even hyundai has been inspired....i am not sure if this is going to work and further civic will get stuck between the two boats unable to climb into either one !!! now look at maruti they are going to launch a-star by october but where are they going to position it ?? their small car options are filled to the brim !!! so lets see what happens !!!

Honda's done a Suzuki!!

Appears that Japanese Cosmetolitis virus has hit all Japanese Car makers in India....lets see what Toyota does!?!

Its not a new platform and we dont know what Engines will be available in India and if one goes by the spy pix, even the interiors r gonna be the same!?!

Sadly it appears to be a dampner given all the hype around the new car!

Not impressive at all!

the car looks good but considering that the current city is around 1 lac expensive than the sx4(top varients considered) and that the new city will be a lot costlier than the current model, i doubt if it can outstand sx4 in vfm. the sx4 has dented the sales of city because of its sporty looks, great handling, performance, features and a very very good pricing. with the launch of new city, the sx4 will be even more vfm. and the prospective buyers of civic will not be willing to buy city as it is a segment below civic.

only if the honda continues to sell the current city alongwith the new one and slashes its price by 50k then it will be able to capture the market share of sx4-its main rival today. but in that case, where will they position the yet to be launched jazz? lets see what honda does.....

Yup!!! just found the spyshots of NHC in china!!

39695d1219053716-scoop-all-new-3rd-gen-h

39696d1219053716-scoop-all-new-3rd-gen-h

39697d1219053716-scoop-all-new-3rd-gen-h

39698d1219053716-scoop-all-new-3rd-gen-h

(Team BHP).....am hoping that the "few" members will not have any problem that i have just copy pasted these pics!