vibhor

Tata Nano: Pros &Cons

Hi Guys.......I want your opinion regarding Pros&Cons of Tata Nano. I have heard that it has drum brakes on all four wheels..is it a safe& practical car to drive in indian road conditions and also what about its crash safety????smiley5.gif

I think there is another thread where the internals and externals of the Nano have been discussed. It went off the radar shortly after  the Nano vanished from the limelight of the media.

Hi Guys.......I want your opinion regarding Pros&Cons of Tata Nano. I have heard that it has drum brakes on all four wheels..is it a safe& practical?car to drive in indian road conditions and also what about its crash safety????smiley5.gif

It will be a big long list, but to specifically address your queries -

Drum brakes - do not necessarily mean unsafe, although Discs are proven better as anchors.

Crash Safety - Unless the Tatas plan to re-write the automobile rule book, the vehicle will need to meet existing norms, which means a frontal crash at 48.3kmph

all four wheels drum means that it won't have that much stopping power and to cut costs .Which varient of it will be popular will be a different issue .That are planning to put front discs in top end.