Durango Dude

Price hike or Ration...which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Rs.20/lit hike in fuel prices
    • Ration of the precious fuel

Let's face it we have only two options left <Left Parties notwithstanding>. Either we go for parity with the global fuel prices, which is a strict no-no with the forthcoming Parliamentary elections or give in to rationing and black market in fuel. Either way one's got to bite the bullet.

Personally I'd rather go for the price hike, than see long Q's at petrol pumps...what say?

HIKE DUDE NOTHING ELSE....

At least with the fuel price hike(HOPEFULLY.. FINGERS CROSSED) would lead to moron's staying OFF the road..

But then you never know...

Hike .Well If diesel get a hike by 20rs then the vegetables and all the supply will get costly .The excess demand of the food and Fuel is due to 6th pay commission according to me .Low rank govt. Employee are now given double the salary + 2 yrs salary since it is applied from 06 so more purchasing power .But the govt. is not a fool it increased HRA so it stops somewhat and many come under higher taxation policy so less .Also due to increase in HRA the rent of private household is shot up and new building are too costly and expensive for a medium class employee .

in 70s Wheat /kg was 2.5rs now 12.5 rs .If we keep on increasing the salary then we will be millionares and still starving.

Hike in petrol/diesel prices, but not by Rs 20=00. The taxes are enormous on these fuels- to the bsic price add customs duty, central excise, state sales tax, transportation charges(inevitable), octroi- and you end up at about Rs 50 / litre for petrol and nearly Rs 40/ litre of diesel. Its sheer luck that the FM has not added a service tax on fuels. The prices were increased in Feb '08 when crude oil had just touched $100 per barrel. These unrealistic taxes need to be rationalised.

In the US they are selling petrol for $ 3.30 to $3.60 a gallon, even with the latest hikes, owing to  crude oil reaching $130+ per barrel. And our prices are based on crude oil @ $100 per barrel !

i have been driving since when petrol was priced at 25/- a litr and now its 55/- a litre. i used to drive bike then, now i drive car close to 2500 kms a month.i will still be driving the same even petrol touches 70/- a litre. the only thing thats going to hold me back is fuel rationing as then i will start comparing the time loss , incoveninence at petrol pumps vis-a -vis public transport ordeal and then might look for alternative. seriously i will buy reva instead of going through public trnasport commuting.

Prices have to be hiked. there can be no other way. Every other country is pricing their fuel according to market forces. We have to swallow this bitter pill which has a sugar coating- it will make car manufactures give us better fuel efficiency or better still push harder to bringing alternative propulsion systems.

Let all hybrid cars come the rich people will get themselves one for sure....the govt needs to cut the taxes but instead of that they are hiking ...in our country all prices hikes when petrol hikes but tell me one thing who cuts price when the petrol comes down ...even the govt cuts nominal price when in international market we had seen a good drop in prices some year back..moreover the autorickshaw walas goes on strike when there rickshaw was running on petrol previously but after converting to gas which is much cheaper than petrol who reduce the prices of transportation or any commodity ??no one ...if willing govt can do many things to control all this but they are only responsible for all this nonsense ...they want high prices in markets to loot indians ....    bluesapphire2008-06-02 03:13:41

Do you think a rationing will be effective?
We Indians will always find some way to get around it!!

then best thing to do is bring pairty between diesel and petrol prices. we indians are defintely taking advantage of subisidized diesel. govt . is losing money and the only one earning out of this is car makers who are selling diesel cars at premium over petrol ones!!!

Problem is, unless the subsidy on Kerosene is also not done away with, we will end up with higher and higher quantities of Kerosene in Diesel, and Petrol too.

That would be hell for most vehicles (Except the Yezdi!!)