zander

New Honda City

@Geforce: dude its no use...some strange people r just not used to other people having opinions which r different from theirs'! they want u to simply accept what they say and NEVER raise ne questions/doubts...  smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

(PS.: Just read response to my comments in this thread)

@Rohit & Bluesaphire: Please enlighten us as to what makes u 100% sure that this car is what u claim its is and not ne other make?

oh so you are trying to say that its mitsubishi.....no sir its not fiesta nor jetta and also not mitsubishi for sure....if ur opinions are not matching with the pics then tell me why should we unnecessarily agree with u....m also not damn sure that its honda city but anybody's opinions should atleast match with those pics so that we can agree....the Honda city (photoshop done pic)suits the best as to which we can conclude it to be honda city....why unnecessarily we should agree with any opinions....

@bluesapphire - lets not break sanity of this forum by replying to uncalled for comments.i believe we are mature enough to let it go...again i would refrain myself from making personal comments but if i am sure about one thing and i believe it is true then i am sticking by it...if guys dont like it then it is there problem.

@Kinshuk - dude u have seen one test car pic. already you have made a jetta or fiesta or ka out of it and now endorsing mitsubishi on it...if you are not sure about what it is then u should not ridicule others who atleast believe in what it is....guess this will end to whatever you are trying to prove.

Dear Forum Member, I wish to say that this is the New Honda City. My reasons for saying this are ---

1. In the 1st Picture posted by me in the First Page , see the 3rd brake light, its same as the present model Honda City.

2. Red Numberplate of UP16 Noida, where Honda Plant is situated.

3. In the 2nd picture, you can see the dashboard , its same as present model

Well this the the right point .

I am off the topic but even CRV diesel had a UP registration nuimber .Was this custom built in the factory .As far as I know CRV is imported so why a UP were there are no ports .May be Honda is fooling us around.

As most of forum members say its a City i dont need to argue with anybody anymore ..i got my answer n know m right to some extent or atleast i made normal guesses keeping in mind the pics ...

Dear Forum Member' date=' I wish to say that this is the New Honda City. My reasons for saying this are ---

1. In the 1st Picture posted by me in the First Page , see the 3rd brake light, its same as the present model Honda City.

2. Red Numberplate of UP16 Noida, where Honda Plant is situated.

3. In the 2nd picture, you can see the dashboard , its same as present model

[/quote']

I don't think the dashboard is same. In current city, the red triangle parking button is not in the middle of AC vents. Door handles are also different. And the rear view side mirror is also looking different to me.

this is for those who r trying their level best to force thier opinions on people (rohit, bluesaphire etc...)  What I asked in my most recent post was some explaination from Rohit and Bluesaphire as to why they think that its a Honda City..simply proove it or else let people have thier own opinions...I dont understand from where did they get that I'm either saying that its a Mitsubishi/VW/Ford  and not a Honda, I've always maintained that this could be Mitsubishi/VW/Ford (why only Honda) as the talk of it being a Honda City is mere SPECULATION or I'm ridiculing their opinions!

Just to clarify things....

I AM NOT :

1. SAYING THAT IT IS A VW, FORD OR A MITSUBISHI no one knows for sure what it is!!

2. EXPECTING THAT EVERYONE SHOULD AGREE WITH ME

3. RIDICULING ANYONE'S OPINIONS

THE ONLY THINGS I WISH TO HIGHLIGHT ARE:

1. THERE IS NO CONCRETE EVIDENCE THAT IT IS A HONDA CITY

2. PEOPLE SHOULD BE MATURE ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THAT IF U GIVE AN OPINION, U SHOULD ALSO BE PREPARED TO GET SOME COUNTER OPINIONS AND SHOULD NOT THINK THAT THEIR THOUGHT/OPINION IS SUPREME AND SHOULD BE BLINDLY BE AGREED TO WITHOUT SUFFICIENT PROOF.

as far as putting an end to it...I still dont think its the Honda City, plenty of launches r due in the segment and it can be any car, a mere UP 16 number does not imply that its a Honda car! It can be a VW, Mitsu, Ford or even a Hyundai! (now plz dont come around saying that im saying that its a Hyundai...evrything is SPECULATION here!)

IF U WANT TO BELIEVE ITS THE HONDA CITY, BE HAPPY WITH THAT BUT DONT TRY TO FORCE YOUR OPINIONS ON EVERYONE AROUND!

@Kinshuk its your point that it can be any model which is going to be launched .It can be also an updated Lancer but many belive it to be H city so lets wait and see for the debate results .Every one has their own opinions.

@rssh: absolutely! Thats what I said in my second last post and tried to add some humour by inserting the Ford pix...but still people didnt understand the lighter side of things!!

Kinshuk2008-06-14 03:23:36

Well this the the right point .

I am off the topic but even CRV diesel had a UP registration nuimber .Was this custom built in the factory .As far as I know CRV is imported so why a UP were there are no ports .May be Honda is fooling us around.

boss its honda's vehicle so they will bring it to there factory na!! whether they import it or built it here they are going to deliver it through there factory . and honda's factory is where ? in U.P ...so guess it solves your query

@Kinshuk....whatever it may be take my word you can be a good lawyer....whether you make airplane or helicopter out of this car in good humor facts are not going to change.....you have  hijacked the topic new honda city...guess you should start new thread with same pic claiming  it not to be new honda city or what car is it? and we can take discussions further over there....meanwhile those who agree with the make of car can have meaningful discussion over  features and specs of this new honda city as thread rightly puts it instead of diverting energies over claims and counter claims.....hope better sense prevails...

as honda is standardising vtecs amongst all its city models does any one know what will be the specs of new i vtecs as the adds show...since vtec in top model city had a mileage issue and most of its sales were of idsi engine which is renouned for its fuel economy.. what will happen to economy factor if new i vtecs will have same mileage as that of vtec?

i have read in an article that they are coming up with 1.3ltr i vtec and 1.5 ltr i vtec. if that is going to be the case then 1.3ltr is certainly going to be the pick as 1.5 ltr is now attracting around 15,000 more in terms of taxes apart from 24%excise.

@blue...lmao dude, im not askin u to take nething into consideration, if u dont like a comment just ignore it! simple!

@Rohit: no attempt yet has been made to highjack this thread, if this would have been the case the mods wud have intercepted! No use creating a new thread, as its only a few of us banging heads over it!!

Guys, dont take it personal, its more in good spirit than nething else!

Nehow coming back to the topic...the new car's front end in all probabilities will look very much like the jap. airwave (2008 model)...

abt the engines, the i-vtec range will be there; probably after the tax rate increase, they shld also have the sub 1500cc option as well (idsi) and most of the civic-ish controls interior-wise!

i have read in an article that they are coming up with 1.3ltr i vtec and 1.5 ltr i vtec. if that is going to be the case then 1.3ltr is certainly going to be the pick as 1.5 ltr is now attracting around 15' date='000 more in terms of taxes apart from 24%excise.[/quote']

No the 1500 is unlikely to have the tax penalty. The capacity will be 1497 or something, i.e. under 1500. Thus they will avoid the luxury tax.

Calling an Octavia/Laura a gas guzzler!!!!

i have read in an article that they are coming up with 1.3ltr i vtec and 1.5 ltr i vtec. if that is going to be the case then 1.3ltr is certainly going to be the pick as 1.5 ltr is now attracting around 15' date='000 more in terms of taxes apart from 24%excise.[/quote']
No the 1500 is unlikely to have the tax penalty. The capacity will be 1497 or something, i.e. under 1500. Thus they will avoid the luxury tax.

Calling an Octavia/Laura a gas guzzler!!!!

ha ha ha think tanks in indian govt. never fail to amaze me... octavia with16km/lt avg. is being cited as a gas guzzler...and these buggers think by increasing  20,000 more people who have capacity of spend 10 lacs will stop buying these vehicles i guess they are mistaken....if they surely want to check the oil consumption by limiting the cars they should have increased 15-20,000 on small cars and 1lakh or more on 8+lakh cars if they want to control what they are intending to.

well given the expensive petrol and honda's refusal to go diesel 1.3 i-vtec is gonna be a very nice option !!! the 1.3 l engine will provide good fuel efficiency and given it's a vtec it wont either discourage enthusiastic driving !!!! 

Well the 1.3lt will be too small for you all think like this a swift sedan and a next segment car which commands more premium in its segment share same cc.