visheshag

Need Urgent Help: Budget 6-7 Lakhs

I had posted a query earlier too regarding a car with the max budget of 6 Lakhs but a lot have changed since then so I decided to make a new thread.

Budget: 6-7 Lakh OTR (On The Road) Delhi price

User: My Dad

Driving Style: Sedate driver not an enthusiast. Doesn't care much about

Handling, Torque...for him these are all technical terms not

relevant to him.

Preferences: 1. Performance & Features

2. Space & Ride Comfort

3. Quality & Class

4.Maintenance & Mileage    

5. Resale

Usage: 10k per year. Almost always in the city. Plans to keep it for 6-7 yrs.

Cars Considered and Impressions about them:

Fiesta 1.4 Exi (OTR 6.1 L after discounts): Considered the 1.4 ltr version because of the superior mileage as compared to the 1.6 . Brilliant drivers car, little cramped at the back. Did not like the noise insulation much nor the ride comfort. But the real turn-off is the bad resale value (checked on Carwale) smiley19.gif..I can easily recover the premium that I pay for the rest of the cars on my list.

Maruti SX4 Vxi (OTR 6.85 L): Excellent features and performance for the money. Good resale and A.S.S as expected from Maruti. The cons are the poor mileage, and the poor quality and finish of interiors. When I am already stretching my budget and paying 7 Lakhs which is no small amount, I really expect something better.

Honda City Exi (OTR 7.15 L after discounts): Good overall car with quality interiors and driveability in the city. But surely overprised and new model coming up so that could affect the resale.

I have already considered and ruled out other cars like the Aveo ( coz I have one from the GM stable already...The Uva), Dzire (waiting period too long), Verna, Logan etc.

I have to buy this car within the next weel so I cannot wait for any new launches or for the new City (as it is I am overstrethching my budget for it and the new one will be even more expensive).

Fellow members please suggest which of these should I buy keeping in mind the preferences that I have mentioned.

Thanks for your responses

If u dont like fiesta n sx4 just go ahead n buy city ...ya its slightly overpriced but its a good car n now u will get alloys also with exi...n after 6 to 7 years also honda will fetch u good money even if phased out ...go for it or get urself sx4...

I think there is a existing thread for about the same stuff. Please check that before coming up with a more specific query.

FRG: How about merging them together

If u dont like fiesta n sx4 just go ahead n buy city ...ya its slightly overpriced but its a good car n now u will get alloys also with exi...n after 6 to 7 years also honda will fetch u good money even if phased out ...go for it or get urself sx4...
Well the EXi gets only body coloured OVRM and door handles alloys are in GXi one .smiley1.gif

If you want performance then city is worst at it .Go for the Fiesta 1.4lt atleast 92bhp say itself better thing than 77bhp and anyways many say that the driving pleasure of the Fiesta is much better than its class. You can consider the Aveo but it looses out in your first preference.smiley36.gif

the best option is ofcourse dezire(diesel), the next best appears to be logan and indigo with dicor engine in that order. If u like the looks and feel of logan u should go for it as the cost of ownership of dezire and logan are almost same for a 5 year use.

Hi, I bought a Logan GLX1.4 petrol 3 months back. My requirements were (a) space (B) VFM. Wasn't interested in hatchback. I drive mostly within city, with occasional outings - thus decent fuel  economy and middle level comfort was good enough for me. Though, looked for automatic window/remote locking/steroe within a budget of 5 lacs around. The logan fited this bill. Build quality wise and service in city (kolkata) wise also the feedbacks were positive. Generally I was happy, till the mirror broke off last week. It simply broke off when unfolding - seems its a 'known' quality issue with Logan. So far that's been the only negative - but not very encouraging if parts start breaking off on their own within a few months !!! tomorrow I have a discussion with Mahindra Ranault official in Kolkata - lets see whether they agree to cover it in warranty - so far they declined. AG

if you are satisfied with the gm service y dont you go for aveo.. its a good value for money car.. and you can get the top model for 7.5lakhs with airbags and abs.. the performance is good and features are also good.. it is quite spacious and ride quality is one of the best.. quality is very good but its brand value is not as good as honda.. maintenance is low and mileage is good..  resale will be little low.. i think you should either go for honda city or chevrolet aveo.. they both are good cars with honda having a little advantage because of the resale and brand value..