rssh

The Yahama YZ=15 debut!!

Well considering normal on road price of 150cc bikes is 70k atmost and this is as you say 95-100k =30% extra is too much .Many can consider buying P220 which gives more feature and power .I think Yahama in need to hit the competition just missed the target . The best price in terms of tech gone into this bike should be 85k which is 15k more but reasonable.

quality wise and even looks wise and technology wise ,brand wise everything...to me Karizma is better than p220 if we consider quality,looks,brand,etc....ya but power wise p220 is good...it has only power nothing else...

ya its true....but all previous models were not good.... i think this time yamaha was in full mood to launch a good model and consider india a good market for themselvesbluesapphire2008-06-14 11:48:11

The bike is excellent and even when static generates adrenaline dudes!!!Technically its the most superior our market has ever seen. It will recreate Yamaha's lost image. But the pricing may not make it a big hit. Had it been a 180 or 200cc bike buyers would have dumped the Karizma and P 180-220. Wait and watch how it fares in the markets.

The Karizma I feel gives out  better handling than P 220, but its a loser to P 220 regarding vfm, lacking features, P220 is softer suspension so easier on back in city, P220 offers rear disc, better headlgiht, injection, cheaper spare parts and karizma also gives less mileage. Overall winner the P220 any day.

The R 15 is here- it has the killer looks. During my trip to Kolkata , I walked into the showroom of M/s East Zone Suppliers, 1, AJC Bose Road, a Yamaha dealer for Kolkata on 21st June. The dealer told me that bookings are on and that the on-road price of the bike is Rs 105,000 (Rs 97500/- ex-showroom). They were quite polite and allowed me to click a few pictures. yes the top speed of this bike is 146 kmph. But the tyres are quite a let-down vis a vis the Pulsars. They look similar to the ones fitted to my RX 100 in size. The rear tyres may be 3.00 X 18 at the most.The radiator is concealed while the rear disc brake is prominently seen. I saw it in the metallic Oxford blue and black shades.

sonycamv1563wm6.jpg

loading.gif

pic by anjan_c2007

anjan_c20072008-06-22 18:19:50

@FRG how would you rate this bike for the extreme biker in terms of tech,price ,quality and overall package !!! The autocar show guy said it lacks in some dynamics for which the bike is based on .Also how much time to reach to 145kmph .

Especially in a country like ours where boys and men like thicker tyres for the macho and predatory looks. Or else paying Rs 100,000+ and getting tyres of the size of  some 100cc bike has no meaning. Yamaha is also maintaining a low profile when it comes to publicity for this bike. No brochures with the technical specifications are available. Maybe they want us all to read ACI July issue a few days later!