shanmugamprakas

automatic santro or wagon R

Santro any day. I owned a Zen Auto from 199 to 2004, and have a Santro Auto since then. The Wagon Ruses the same box. In fact even the Esteem used the same at one time.

This is a nobrainer the Hyundai Box is far superior to the MS box. It is a 4-speed against a 3-speed of the Maruti. Shifts are smooth (not totally unnoticeable though). The kick down is however not so sharp, but that is a very minor annoyance.

I get around 10kpl about town (10+ without and 10- with AC).

MR ROADANGEL  I WAS TOLD BY HMIL DEALERS THAT THE 1 10 AUTO WILL COME ONLY IN MID 2009 TILL WHICH I CANTG WAIT. 

MR DURANGO. WHY AUTO THE ANSWER IS IS IT IS MY WIFE AND THE USAGE WILL BE 200 KMS PER MONTH. SO THE MILEAGE IS NOT MUCH OF A BOTHERATION

MR SGIIT   I HAVE GONE THROUGH YOU POSTING IN SOME OTHER THREAD WHICH IS QUITE USEFUL SINCE TO FIND A REVIEW/OPINION ABOUT AN AUTO SEGMENT B CAR IS NOT THAT EASY.

SG PRAKSH

IN MY PRIVIOUS MESSAGE THERE ARE FEW MISTAKES SINCE IAM NOT GOOD AT COMPOSING.  THE CAR IS FOR MY WIFE USE.  MR.  SGIIT CAN YOU PLESE FURNISH  SOME MORE USEFUL POINTS ABOUT MAINTANANCE,  DEALER SERVICE HANDLING WITH AN AUTO GEARBOX, ANY FAILURE/ BREAKDOWN BECAUSE OF AUTO TRANSMISSIONS. I FEEL THAT  YOUR FEEDBACK  WILLBE USEFUL   HOW MUCH YOU HAVE DRIVEN SO FAR. WHAT ABOUT THE RESALE VALUE THOUGH I AM NOT VERY KEEN ON THAT POINT.  ANY RELIABLE INFORMATION  ON INTRO OF  I 10 AUTO.

i10 auto will not come soon...atleast not till diwali after that you can expect....from current options its obviously santro...remove wagon r from ur list as its 3speed box is something not to go for it.....just close ur eyes and buy santro auto ....

My car was bought primarily for my wife. However, due to the convenience we all use it as the local runabout. In fact our children (both in their 20's) also prefer the auto for town use.

I have never needed maintenance for either automatic. For that matter the manuals also have never needed attantion. Only with manuals the clutch may require an overhaul at about 50,0000km. Automatics may require belt tightening after 80,000 or so. There is no clutch to wear out. The CV joints have a different design, so I had to specially get them (not from Maruti in any case) for the Zen.

I do about 7,000-8,000km per year. So the Zen did about 6 years - say 45,000km. I bought it second hand from a maruti dealer (his own car) with 22k on the clock. So in all about 67,000km with no problems. I hear that the new owner has converted it to Gas and is driving around merrily. I do see it on the road occasionally. The Santro has been with us for almost three years, hence about 20,000km so far.Again no issues.

MR BLUE SAPPHIRE/ VIBHOR  THANKS FOR SUGGESION. I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND FOR SANTRO.  MR SGIIT THANKS FOR VALUBLE INPUT WHICH HAS MADE ME TO GO FOR SANTRO  SINCE  THERE IS A PRICE INCREASE FROM TODAY ALL THE   DISCOUNTS HAVE VANISHED. THE DIFFERENCE WORKS OUT TO LOSS OF DISCOUNT OF RS 30000/=  PLUS THE PRICE REVISION IN THE ORDER OF 15000/=.  ANY SUGGESTIONS TO REDUCE THE LOSS.

Road angel is right. The i10 will come with a new engine and automatic transmission very soon. The launch for the 'Kappa' engined i10 is the first week of July. It would be worth waiting for especially since it is round the corner

325i: Yes the Kappa engine is imminent. By all accounts the Auto variant of the i10 is due only next year, and he cannot wait that long. Is the kappa also coming into the Santro, then the auto with the new engine may be an option worth considering..

A price increase is a standard dodge to do away with the discounts. Now they say we will forego the price increase and forget the discounts. The Auto is a very small volume product.

The automatic i10 is definitely going to be launched in July. This has been confirmed by Hyundai officials. It's the same 4-speed box as the Santro but with the more powerful Kappa engine.

The automatic i10 is definitely going to be launched in July. This has been confirmed by Hyundai officials. It's the same 4-speed box as the Santro but with the more powerful Kappa engine.

Now that we have definitive confirmation,  the i10 Automatic with the Kappa engine is the desirable choice.

Thanks for the forum members who have helped me  to arrive at a firm decision which otherwise would not have happened. Since the I 10 Auto  launch  will be in July -  August i am prepared to wait for. I tried over net to contact Hyundai but the site is not having any direct access/ provision  for the same.

Thanks for the forum members who have helped me  to arrive at a firm decision which otherwise would not have happened. Since the I 10 Auto  launch  will be in July -  August i am prepared to wait for. I tried over net to contact Hyundai but the site is not having any direct access/ provision  for the same.

following is hyundai's customer care id...you can email them your enquiry

12-13 kpl in a City CVT is quite a challenge to achieve. It depends on the driving conditions. But i10 auto with small engine and small weight will certainly be more economical than the City

I think the i10 auto will sell more well in Magna trim than ERA because most of the people opting for auto are those who want easy driving with out considering the FE and these people will buy this car for its small size .