rackprabhusr

Is tempo trax a good off roader

With the highest clearance of any off road vehicle in its class, independent front and floating rear and a rear diff which is rated at industry high of 3.75t, longest travel suspension, super flexy tubular chassis, exceptionally durable front suspension, ZF and Puch power train, diff locks on front and rear, yes it is and is probably the best value on earth for that. The original OM616 turbo was a better version than the current DI engine one but still doesnt take away the fact that its the best performing vehicle on or off road, has the best ride. In the late 80s when it was launched in Germany, German 4x4 mag tested it and declared it to be among the most competent and strongest off roaders around, of course in India it only got its notoriety with the Car mag report but then, never too late, quite a lot of Judo and Gurkha ply on German roads, while on my visit to Germany, saw a few of them, mostly with hard core off roaders and farmers as well as government ambulance vehicles, I was told that there are some plying in France and Italy as well and other parts of Eastern Europe where they have been favored for their low cost and utility aspect.

whether tempo trax cruiser  can be used as commericial passenger vehchile  and  i also like to change  the seatings and rear suspension also by including a spring suspension in it and i like to arrest the engine sound  what the solution for that p[lease reply

?do u have any idea about? tempo trax cruiser?? whether it can be used as commercial passenger vehichle

The Judo is a legitimate 10 seater, you dont need to modify the suspension, its as good as it gets, just needs good tires from the OEM ones supplied.

If you are looking for off road, the 2WD Cruiser has high ground clearance, specially if you bolt on 16" wheels, then it gets Gurkha and Judos clearance, you can do moderate off roading with it, nothing serious, in that case only Gurkha and Judo will suffice.

Tempo trax cruiser is not even worth having a glance. It is hideous.

Yep, so is the Gurkha and Judo, they are hideous and so is $80,000 G Wagen, all hideous but they have the toughest body of all SUVs and can go where no other SUV except maybe the great Toyota Land Cruiser can but that too to an extent.

I agree.

Beauty is only skin deep.

But all in all looks do matter, that is why perhaps Merc is now designing a new G wagon.

And as far as SUVs go in terms of toughness, a Landcruiser is inferior to a Landrover.

Do you know what the true blue G Wagen users in forums call the so called prototype G? Gay Wagen, MB got scathing letters from existing G owners and users not to change a single aspect of the vehicle, only corrugated pressed sheet body can give strength like no other, if Gurkha or Judo goes soft, I aint buying any more and neither will those who are in line to buy it, if pulchritude is what you want in a off roader, there are many pretenders out there today, suggest one goes and gets them, leave the G and the Gurkha to those who buy it not for its looks, but its functionality uber alles. You are dead wrong about Land Cruiser, a Land Rover is junk, made of stamped aluminum and the Land Cruiser is a beast, its among the heaviest in the industry and will pulverize the aluminum bodied LR, all over the bush country of Australia, Africa and ME, Land Cruiser rules, ask the tour operators, UN and farmers why, better yet, ask the Talliban, they will give you a better explanation why they prefer Toyota Hi Lux and Land Cruisers over all, watch Jeremy Clarkson abuse a 170,000km 13 year old Toyota Hi Lux by soaking it in sea, dropping it from buildings and it still survived. I regularly do severe off roading and I have the greatest respect for Land Cruisers, the powerband and tranny is simply amazing, where LR and RR will spin, TLC will climb with ease. smiley4.gifsmiley4.gifGurkha2007-09-17 16:20:17

Well, if all U what say is true,

then why is MB looking at the next gen G class which is totally radically opposite to the existing slabsided G wagon ?

Why is there no next gen Landcruiser, Toyota is rather focusing on Lexus    LX 570 then the Landcruiser ?

and, mind U the Landrover Discovery is in its Fifth gen avtar.

MB is looking to market G to others instead of hard core, G is now an expensive beast out of reach of the hardcore users and therefore MBs market now is Russian mafia as well as rap starts with enough cash, as I mentioned in my other posts, todays MB and its philosophy is a far cry from its glorious and proud past. As for Toyota, check the Australian, ME and African market, the focus is still on the old FJ with minor mods etc. As for LR, they can be in any avatar, they have no takers or respect amount those who make off roading their part of daily life, check any forums, any write ups on net, those who have used LR and TLC side by side give thumbs up to TLC, may I ask the reason for your bias against TLC, is it because its Japanese and LR is Brit, in that case, the Japanese product is far superior in my book to the Brit made junk, one of the reasons Ford and BMW wants to unload Rover and Jaguar to us.

No bias against Landcruiser.

In my book the Pajero Rules!!!

And the Pajero Evo crushes all even the FJ cruiser!!!

As proved in the Dakkar for the 7th time only.

The only reason the Talibs use a Landcruiser is that they cant afford a Discovery!

No Seriously.

Pajero Evo is a far cry from their domestic Pajero, and trust me, Talliban can afford Discovery with ease, they just dont use them because of their unreliability, as for FJ cruiser, Toyota has no intentions of participating in Dakkar in full factory strength, when I see Pajero in the dunes of ME run by tour ops, or in Africa or Aus, then I will give my thumbs up to Pajero, currently its TLC and has been like that for a long while. Try and visit some good off road forums, you will see the darling of the crowd is still TLC or G Wagen.

No bias against the Landcruiser.

In my book the Pajero Rules!!!

And the Pajero Evo beats even the mighty FJ Cruiser hollow.

The Talibs dont drive Defenders is because they cant afford them.

Sorry I missed Ur last post.

I fully agree with u.

But even when the Germans participated with VW Taureg and MB GL class the sputtered out after 6th day.

As for the Hummer it went bust soon thereafter.

The japs are the master of Offroaders-Mitsubishi,Toyota and Nissan.

Period.

Dakkar is sand, its harsh in its own right, but then so are trails, and as I said, Pajero sold to public is a far cry from their Dakkar beast they run, so its more of an ad situation than substance. For substance its the G and TLC, and as you can see, last MB participated and won with G was in early 80s, same goes for TLC.