rackprabhusr

Is tempo trax a good off roader

TLC is for hard core who need a daily driver driving around severe off road conditions for bread and butter, in Aus, nickel mines which are among the harshest conditions around, TLC is used inside the mines as thats the only vehicles that are able to survive the conditions, those who buy the expensive Lexus which is actually a TLC with luxury trim would never take it off road.

How is the Prado cmpared to TLC?

Prado is not that hardcore, still its a chassis vehicle as compared to unibody Pajero, surprisingly, I have seen Prado do quite well in the dunes in ME.

How does the Prado being offered here compare to say the US model?

US doesnt get Prado, they get the very popular 4Runner which is quite a capable hardcore vehicle and available with diesel or V8 from Lexus. Prado is Asia, ME and Aus only and also some parts of Europe, what we get in India is the same as what others get in rest of the world, same goes for Innova, the same trim is available in Philippines, Thailand and elsewhere.

Another OffRd offering for the Army is the new Mahindra Axe(X).

Complete review in Sep Autocar.

Looks Good.

Wonder of it will go on sale to gen public.

As of now its under trails with the Army.

I am very much impressed by Trax. Now I have planned to buy Trax. Mr.Gurkha' date=' can you please tell me the Top speed and performance to the Trax Judo or Gama.[/quote']

oldtraveller,

The Judo should be good for 130kmph with the current DI engine, the OM616 turbo in my Gurkha easily pushes the heavy non aerodynamic body past 140kmph but I wouldnt recommend high speeds with vehicles of this kind. Performance is not the reason to buy these kind of vehicles.

smiley11.gif I live in a village in Kerala and am on the lookout for a good SUV/MUV. We considered the tempo Trax range from Force motors but were told by others that any damage to the body is difficult to repair at it is not made in a modular vasis like other vehicles. We were also told that the vehicle becomes uncomfortable to drive after a year of rough roads. How does the Tempo trax compare to a Bolero, Tavera, Rhino RX, Scorpio etc.???

Yes, the body is pressed steel panel like the Gelande Wagen and its the toughest in the industry, quite hard to damage. OTOH, it needs a specialized body man to fix them once damaged. Whosoever told you that the ride gets bad after one year of rough roads is full of crud, the Trax has the best ride of all the SUVs, foreign included, take it out for a spin and you will see what I mean.

hi hope you are talking about GURKHA 4 x 4 ,this  suv had got all the gadgets needed by hard core off road suv needs, like 4 wheel drive,both high & low gear ratios, rear differential lock and  front differential lock ( you can only see in mercedes G-WAGEN)  but just check its availability though its crude ?

hi hope you are talking about GURKHA 4 x 4 ' date='this? suv had got all the gadgets needed by hard core off road suv needs, like 4 wheel drive,both high & low gear ratios, rear?differential lock and? front differential lock ( you can only see in mercedes G-WAGEN)? but just check its availability though its crude ?[/quote']

Its the Gurkha, its purpose built with no frills and was rated best 4x4 by German Off Road mag, its not luxurious in any sense as its meant to be dunked and taken for serious off roading.

TDI 2650 turbo is DI version based on OM616, its pretty good and can take some serious abuse but it doesnt have the 500,000km life of the original OM616, the Gurkha is now made to order as most is for export, you can contact Force or its dealer nearest you and they will take your orders.

Since 1988, Gurkha and Judo have been exported to Germany and rest of Europe where they have been quite popular, on my last trip to Germany, I saw a Judo ambulance on the Swiss-German highway, also various military outfits namely South Africa, Malaysia have picked up Gurkhas, recently the Israeli Defense ordered around 600 odd Judos. Gurkha is not officially on sale to Indian public but can be ordered.