Sign in to follow this  
santoshrajkumar

A seemingly fatal mistake

One can never be prepared to witness a bad accident. It humbles you beyond belief when you realise you could have so easily been part of the carnage and never live to tell the tale.

I caught a cab after work and the ride began with an auto rickshaw almost colliding into us at a busy intersection. Traffic was going in all directions for some reason; it was impossible to separate the law breakers from the obedient ones. My driver hurled a string of curses at the rickshaw driver and banged on the side of the auto to vent his anger. Seems like this sort of road rage is commonplace in Mumbai because this isn

this is quite sad a story...imagine the plight of the innocent pedestrians....damn...we have a lot to learn from western/eastern civilisations in this area....not learn anything lewd...we have to take the good things as well

The worst crashes in the city are due to cab drivers .Firstly don't have thread of the tyre and needle some other tyre thread . The narrow tyres + soft suspension ,poor chassie ,no safety and in rains no vipers has lead to many accidents .My car got rammed today by a skidding cab .

I'm not sure singling out the cab drivers is right because there are a lot of drivers in shiny new cars who drive like maniacs too. True, most cabs are dilapidated relics but do they have a choice? They need to eat too. I guess its a Catch 22 situation. If the government bans these Fiats, then a huge population of Mumbaikars will starve. What needs to be done is having the government perform regular fitness checks on all vehicles on the road and not just emission and registration checks.

Too bad your car got damaged though.