jimgeo

Why dont we like Estates/ Station Wagons?

Well, I wud primarily go for an estate for the space, as having a small kid in the family, I need to carry a lot of stuff while on a move with the family. Have been looking out for good SUVs which slightly exceed my budget and the sedan do not provide enough space.

So I wud personally buy an estate primarily for space followed by safety & comfort.

Well, I still find the logan estate better looking than the sedan version (even if it's just a change in rear)....

In what way is a estate safer and more confortable?

In no way an estate is better than its saloon counterpart... be it in performance, aerodynamics or braking. Infact it's possible that it suffers a bit in all these departments due to its size and shape.  The only advantage they provide is of space and space utilizations in terms of carrying luggage..... you can carry odd sized luggage and also more of that... this is the primary reason why such vehicles are popular in US... because of their lifestyle... Estates help them in their shopping junkets as well as camping  and all such activities that the Americans love to indulge in... Since such a lifestyle is not popular in India and also since we equate status = boot, estates hardly sell in India...

Ithis is the primary reason why such vehicles are popular in US... because of their lifestyle... Estates help them in their shopping junkets as well as camping  and all such activities that the Americans love to indulge in... Since such a lifestyle is not popular in India and also since we equate status = boot' date=' estates hardly sell in India...
[/quote']

I think estates are more about practicality. I want more space and flexibility to carry larger things while I travel with my family, so I go in for an estate. There's nothing else to it.

Different people would have different reasons for not going for one. I personally haven't been too happy with the choice of estates available in India. That's a reason why I haven't gone for one. The only one I liked was the Fiat Siena Weekend, but that car isn't available anymore.

Estate is for Safety and praticality and all the things will match with the sedan .Also the Logan estate can make wonders here it very comfy in ouur roads and good space means that it can be use as commercial vehicle or even by hotels.

Personally, I woud not buy a station wagon. There is no need for it, don't like the way most of them look and because of the image attached to them. Station wagons are very, very common in Europe.

Wouldn't mind this one at all though smiley4.gif! A snap I took of an Audi in Italy, Check those rims out, SWEET! Audi makes some seriously fast and good looking station wagons.

dsc00207vh4.jpg

5u3zEr02008-06-30 07:59:14