aks316

Skoda Fabia.. no car for test drive.. what to do?

hi everybody.. i am interested in buying a skoda fabia and its been 2 months and they still havnt called me for a test drive but they keep calling me & asking when i am booking the car and i keep replying them with the same answer i cant buy a car without test driving it.. the car was launched in jan and they still dont have a car for a test drive and they behave as if i am the only 1 who is interested in the car they are so arrogant and rude.. so now my interest again is going towards chevy aveo the car i simply love but i didnt buy it coz i bought a civiv in feb so now i have a chance to buy it.. what say people should i go for the chevy aveo or wait for the test drive of skoda fabia which i dont know when i will get..

If skoda people are behaving with you like this so i dont think you should buy fabia just then simply go for aveo or if you want a premium hatchback then chevy S-RV or Ford Fusion is a good choice................smiley20.gifvibhor2008-06-16 16:25:26

Skoda Fabia 1.2L as per the dealer has a problem with the engine. Some component defect which causes the mileage in city to drop to ghastly 5.5-6.5 kmpl. I recently booked a Fabia 1.2L paying in full. they took about 1 month to process the whole thing and finally after stalling on the "color availability" which they "helped" me change thrice, they told me th that the car has problem and if you want you can take it. Of course i didnt. I have cancelled the order and asked for a full Refund. Lesson learnt " patience is a beggars virtue". Be patient and let the car run for another 4-6 months and then see what other problems crop up.

Peace

@aks316   Which city do you live in ? If you don't get a test drive since 2 months then how much time to delivery ,One thing is for sure all the engines suck and just the fabia without the engine is the one to go for.

For the price of a top end diesel Fabia, one can go in for a Honda City with al the bells and whistles and also peace of mind, performance, driving pleasure, fuel economy, high residual value and reasonable service costs.

Its really very surprising that a gud company like skoda is behaving like this with its customers smiley3.gif...............again i wil not suggest you to go for fabia.....there r also other gud options in market................smiley1.gif

well skoda is really too sweet to provide you with a test drive and i am at fail to understand skoda's shrewd attitude in india !!! well buy anyother car and don wait for the fabia and also plz inform the dealer as well as to which cr u r buying now !!!!

which dealer are you dealing with? or are you directly dealing with skoda?

Try to locate another dealer in your area if possible.

Cars have nothing to do with bad dealer service.

YEH HAI HINDUSTAN MERE JAAN

Yahaan honda ya skoda sabki dealer service ek hi.

Bari ekta hai hamarai desh mein.smiley36.gif

which dealer are you dealing with? or are you directly dealing with skoda?

Try to locate another dealer in your area if possible.

Cars have nothing to do with bad dealer service.

YEH HAI HINDUSTAN MERE JAAN

Yahaan honda ya skoda sabki dealer service ek hi.

Bari ekta hai hamarai desh mein.smiley36.gif
ha ha ha......................you are right bro.............smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif 

guess skoda ppl think british raj is still going on in india. just like rolls royce taunted indian mahraja's during 1940's when they used to  visit dealerships in london..egoistic maharaja's in fit of rage buying whole fleets of cars and later bringing them to india and using them as garbage trucks....skoda is doing the same through their dealers by pretending they have world class product and we are not capable of buying it....they are hitting indian's ego's ...so that people buy in fit of rage showing we have capacity to do so....but they have forgotten its long since we got independence...and they might have to find new way to sell there products instead of playing mind games with indian consumer...Bring in QUALITY SKODA!!! 

In Gurgaon, one of the dealer's did offer me a test drive of 1.2L , but I suspect it was on a delivery vehicle!!

I don't know where the problem is...but most of the sales staff at Skoda showrooms in Delhi/Gurgaon is completely clueless. They have no idea of why the booking of 1.2L petrol have been stopped, no idea of cost of spares etc. Given the fact that Skoda plans to sell 10,000 fabias this year (including 4k 1.2L one's) in India, I wonder why they don't streamline their dealerships and after sales.

hi.. if i buy fabia it will be diesel and not petrol.. i am thinking of aveo but what is the mileage of aveo 1.6 as i want airbags and abs in my car.. i live in delhi and i dont know about the delivery but i have heard the mileage of fabia diesel is pretty good but engine isnt that fast or refined.. i went to moti nagar silvertone showroom.. any news on the new honda city and when it is going to be launched.. i guess the only way skoda will learn is when another german brand comes to india and give it competition and thats y i think gm did a big mistake of stopping the opel brand in india..

hi everybody.. i am interested in buying a skoda fabia and its been 2 months and they still havnt called me for a test drive but they keep calling me & asking when i am booking the car and i keep replying them with the same answer i cant buy a car without test driving it.. the car was launched in jan and they still dont have a car for a test drive and they behave as if i am the only 1 who is interested in the car they are so arrogant and rude.. so now my interest again is going towards chevy aveo the car i simply love but i didnt buy it coz i bought a civiv in feb so now i have a chance to buy it.. what say people should i go for the chevy aveo or wait for the test drive of skoda fabia which i dont know when i will get..

without a question, you should put an end to the wait and lookout for better cars for the money that you will pay

Looks like many say against going for Fabia .Its too unrefined and also I stopped thinking of Aveo UVA when it came with 1.2lt engine also Fabia is 1 ton+ & I doubt that the booking of 1.2lt stopped due to over booking according to AUTOBAHN I requested for test drive but they refused ,also the 1.4lt is good but not refined but good output and matched the cars nature.

They probably refused as they figured out that that there was no way that you were going to buy the car. They are probably experienced enough to tell which persons are there looking for a free joyride! RubbiSSH 

Are you kind of tring to fight again and make my name RubbiSSH type well I am not going for this one .ALso I am intrested in 1.2lt but feel is underpowered and also heard form many about its unrefinement.

skoda fabia will be a good car for you or you can also consider the new facelifted fiesta...............i think the new city is going launch by this oct...smiley2.gif

what... i didnt get you.. which will be good for me chevy aveo or fabia.. ? any news on when is the new honda city going to be launched.. ? 

He probably means that you are not "snob" enough to go in for the Fabia. Skoda is for the Patricians, and Plebians can buy anything else. Don't worry, take it as a compliment. If you don't buy Skoda consider yourself lucky...