Sign in to follow this  
vibhor

How to become a car designer??

smiley5.gif....Hi friends,........if one have to become a car designer..is there any such type of courses at school level ?? If not then what is the minimum qualification required ...and also are there any other good car designing colleges in India except NID??............. smiley17.gif                                                                                                                                                    

vibhor2008-06-16 13:01:30

Well to start with do you want a career in this or just a weekend work .Also if you want interior design or exterior .First understand the basics of car design like on what chassie the car should be and slowly you can evolve in this art.

NID is usually the best place to go to ... a friend of mine got into it just recently very competitive place to get into.. if you want more details.. i can let you know .. just give me the parameters or requisites ill try to find out

There are usually competitions in mags like Top Gear where you get to design your own car depending on the ergonomics scale and the general motivation behind the cars sale... look out for the mags... autocar as well.. they might let you know as well in some issues....

Aston University, UK

Course: Automotive Product Design

Something I found while I was searching for my course. May be there is something similar in india also.

Though this only deals with design and not the mechanical part.

NID is usually the best place to go to ... a friend of mine got into it just recently very competitive place to get into.. if you want more details.. i can let you know .. just give me the parameters or requisites ill try to find out

There are usually competitions in mags like Top Gear where you get to design your own car depending on the ergonomics scale and the general motivation behind the cars sale... look out for the mags... autocar as well.. they might let you know as well in some issues....

thank u sameer i wil contact u for more details.......smiley17.gif