Kinshuk

Alloys for New Honda City

Im thinking of getting alloys for my NHC...dont really like the Honda ones...ne reupted brands in the market besides Aura which come with warranty?

ne1 tried 17inchers on the City? if yes, then hows the handling, ride etc...??
Kinshuk2008-06-16 20:47:14

I would not risk upsizing beyond the size in the VTeC. I would suggest you stick with Aura unless of course you go to the very high end. Also, if you upsize further you should try and find tyres with a high comfort rating. One of the long term regulars on the forum did that to his Octavia (upsize in both wheel diameter, and tread width) but put in Yokohama's with a very high comfort rating in order to get a desirable ride. 

See with the up size rims n tires will  affect your cars average ..... it will come down for sure .

Secondly 17inches it way too much for old city . tires will easily touch if three ppl will sit on rear seats.

Thirdly u need spacers 2 be fitted which will again hit ur comfort of the cars

Fourthly , as the rim size increases the profile of tires decreases , on bumpy road u will have a tough time as comfort level decreases alot. U wil feel even smallest of bumps .

Instead of going for 17inches go for 15inches which will have no problems .

Go for Yokohama S-drive tires with 50-55 profile . But these tires are very gud at turns at high speeds but de make alot of noise while moving .

If I am not wrong the stock tyres is 175/70R14 which is quite less also you can go for 15" rims 195/55R15 will be ideal .Whats your Alloy wheel budget ? tell us then we can comment.