vibhor

Honda Civic Hybrid Launched

Hi guyz............Honda has finally launched its awaited HONDA CIVIC HYBRID......what are your opinions on it?? and here is some more information about it............. smiley17.gif  

18mlook.jpgMaking a statement of its commitment to protect the environment, Japanese car major Honda on Wednesday launched the first hybrid car in India, Civic Hybrid, priced at Rs 21.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The car is powered by a 1.3 litre petrol engine and an electric motor that deliver 47 per cent enhanced fuel efficiency than a regular 1.8 litre Civic automatic transmission.

Developed way back in 1999, the Civic Hybrid has sold over 2,60,000 units across the world and India is the 33rd country where Honda has launched the car.

"This is yet another step to strengthen Honda's presence in India in line with our long term goal of bringing eco friendly vehicles," Honda Siel Car India president and CEO Masahiro Takedawa said in New Delhi.

(source:rediff news)

vibhor2008-06-18 17:28:50

i think honda is not at fault here. its the govnment. they should reduce these useless taxes nd stuff. but they are increasing the cost like the 25000 rs increase for car above 1500 cc.

guys.........this is the first hybrid in india and is directly imported......and maybe in future honda can reduce its price................well i think its not so overpriced ...but thats just my personal opinion...........smiley20.gif

Honda hybrids are being imported into the USA as well...so rest assured, whatever the Finance Ministry tries, the manufacturers arent going to start manufacturing locally.

Our Government who hiked duty on larger cars in the guise of a fuel saving measure, should reduce import duties, reduce local taxes and insurance for hybrids...otherwise as mentioned by Sgiitk, these will remain something to flaunt!

this should have been the price of accord hybrid. american market dynamics are totally different from ours. toyota prius initially was sold on no profit or marginal profit or even loss in america , just to gain popularity.                                                                                                                                                                                              honda has cashed on what people say when they see a honda- wow handa ki gadi. its a slapping reply from honda to such people

Well a 1.3 lt engine and IMA its a statement like sgiitk said but ACI said it will be around 19lakhs but now 21.5 . Well in Mumbai it would be 22.5lakhs .Its for contractors as it will be like they are doing green for the environment but who knows the truth .Honda claims that 100 have been booked already .Also is it available in just white or any other colour.

Hey guys....

not to stray off the topic here... but i have heard of the Toyota Prius and wasn't that a fiasco

I am not pointing that out here... considering the fuel hike and the energy crisis this is a step in the right direction for me

wouldn't a normal diesel give 20 kmpl ?? if driven properly.

i think the main reason for the less fuel economy is our bad roads. they are so many potholes . we literally have to stop the car near a pothole.

This is a mild hybrid. Essentially it has a smaller engine with electric assist for acceleration. Not like others which use an engine running at  constant speed optimised for efficiency.