hogslayer

Best quality of Indian bike?

I have a question for the gurujis of bikes out here.

Please tell me Which Indian bike manufacturer offers the best quality?

Honda,

Hero Honda

Yamaha

Suzuki

Bajaj,

TVS

Kinetic

Royal enfield

Honda/hero honda for sure

Yamaha and Suzuki/TVS

Bajaj

Kinetic

Royal Enfield

IF BAJAJ comes third in the list, why is the PULSAR still the largest selling 150 cc BIKE in INDIA ?  Can anyone explain ?

It is a VFM bike thats why and its got the sport factor to it.

So if it is the VFM factor that drives the sales, whats the point in boasting of quality, and more over these days people in INDIA change their vehicles very often.

Pulsar it thought as a youth bike and people from 20-35 years of age want a sporty bike and Unicorn is treated as the old mans powerful comfy bike (its not a VFM is also a reason) but after 35 years most people opt for cars and not bike .Well, pulsars quality is the worst in 150cc bikes.

Pulsar it thought as a youth bike and people from 20-35 years of age want a sporty bike and Unicorn is treated as the old mans powerful comfy bike (its not a VFM is also a reason) but after 35 years most people opt for cars and not bike .Well' date=' pulsars quality is the worst in 150cc bikes.[/quote']

could you quote few examples why you think pulsar quality is the worst ?

Well when you bought the bike in april and not applyed anti rust to the exhaust then you check in september the chromed silencer and exhaust pipe start showing rusting and also the electricles like rear LED and some switches light stop working my friend has experienced this.

Well when you bought the bike in april and not applyed anti rust to the exhaust then you check in september the chromed silencer and exhaust pipe start showing rusting and also the electricles like rear LED and some switches light stop working my friend has experienced this.

I bought my PULSAR in 2005. Till date i didnt have any major issues. As far as the rusting issue is concerned,it all depends on how one maintains ones bike.
anveshp2008-07-16 11:20:31

Still how can a brand new bike show rust he cleaned it everday and put cover on it at night used to ride it every day and has a well maintained maruti 1000 so he did not loose on this part .

Still how can a brand new bike show rust he cleaned it everday and put cover on it at night used to ride it every day and has a well maintained maruti 1000 so he did not loose on this part .

Does frequently drive in Rain WATER FILLED roads?Coz only way the water can reach the silencer is driving in knee deep water or parking the bike without any shade in RAIN . What do you say? Are there any other possibilities ?

Well in South Mumbai there are no chances of knee deep water and also only the outside of silencer had signs of rust and now that the whole silencer was seeing rusted some parts were only rusted and no accident occured ,no skidding and the bike was parked in a well elivated parking lot with covers on .How could have the single strand of LED tail lamp fail (right side one ) is still a mystry and he has now put a new one .

Well in South Mumbai there are no chances of knee deep water and also only the outside of silencer had signs of rust and now that the whole silencer was seeing rusted some parts were only rusted and no accident occured ' date='no skidding and the bike was parked in a well elivated parking lot with covers on .How could have the single strand of LED tail lamp fail (right side one ) is still a mystry and he has now put a new one .[/quote']

Some thing must be wrong. I am using my 2005 PULSAR till date,and i am still using the factory fitted silencer. No rusting what so ever.

May be at your time the quality might have been better or there must have been some defect in his bike he showed it to the workshop and they said you did not put anti rust coat but this monsoon he has put it and will see the result.