hogslayer

R15 v P220

if i want to buy any bike in this price segment then my choice would be Yamaha....yesterday my friend who was not interested in powerful bike who dont have any knowledge about BHP but went for p220 coz it was 220 bhp and r15 was 150...just because 150cc thing he went for p220 also he wanted Fi and as he wanted looks and went for bajaj....he spent 93000 for this bike while R15 costs 108000 on road....i think 17 bhp is not that bad.....and with that r1 kinda looks its the best bike ..... 

*its 220cc not bhp I think you got carried away but some how I don't think the price should be that high many people said its not worth the wait price wise .Also new RTR 180cc is coming shortly and TVS prices RTR well so there can be many takers for it against the P200 also the quality of RTR vs the 150 and even gladiator is good  .

how can u compare rtr with R15 ?????

although R15 is 150cc it has less weight compared to other 150 ies...

So power to weight ratio of R15 will be much greater than rtr

i..e it will be faster than rtr

16.5 bhp for rtr || 17 bhp for R15

140 kg wt.        || 120 kg  only..

technology used in  r15 is  is same as the legendary  R1

see the difference

yamaha is playing other way  >>>>>>>>>

if u r looking for good performance bike its R15

way better than rtr in terms of styling

if u have less money ......         .....then   RTR is oke

rtr 160 is doing 0-60 in 5.27s

how much can u get from rtr 180 .......maximum ........under 4 sec >>>>no way man....even p220 is making 0-60 in 4.3s & our zma @ 4.7s

apaheeeee  ......... its tooooooo   smaaaaall     for R15

top speed of 145 km/hr ..............not even done by p220  (130km/hr)

shame about comparing local desi ....... apache  with the head turner R15

apache will be have same faring & body for rtr 180 ..........same trick done bajaj for its pulsar....

this rtr chasis is only good for single sharp curves .........when a series of curves r there ....rtr.........fails ......

tvs dont have expertise ........like motogp    it only has  experience in indian  races 

R15 is the clear wonner.............

even magazines like R15 to compare with p220 & zma ...........

& i dont know y u r comparing it with rtr 180........

Well looks like you are owning one R15 in ACI review (the UTVi) they said all the tech is good but the package is too expensive and the power response is lacking like one expected also the extra gear makes it go faster but we have to do lots of work to get exitement ,its not a superbike .

did u ride  R15......

did u experience the power lag......

if its u personal experience then i will consider... >>>>

how can u say rssh that it not a super bike......its a super bike made only for india okeeeee  : that u should consider.....

it has all the ingredients for a SuperBike....

if it has some power lag .........its due to the fact the INDIAN are mileage crazy.....

they want min. 40 kmpl from a super bike

& also @ 150 cc bikes price !!!!!!

see how bajaj is giving us p220 @ lower sticer price in compromise  of  overall quality....

yamaha is giving moto gp teches.....in R15 &  u want  it @  p200 's  price ??????

I think the R15 will have a truly tough job to justify the large sum of money that one has to pay for it. Lets hope it succeeds and shows the way forward to others with such brave moves.

i went to yamaha showroom but tey told that they are not having bikes for displays in whole of gujarat and when it comes they will call me and that guy did everything to convince  me to book with advance of 10k...but i refused as iw anted to see that bike and not to buy...But he told me that already 40bikes are booked so you should book otherwise delivery will be delayed and said no need to see the bike its really good...

Hai fellow rides.  I am a kind of person who loves ssssssss  to go for long drives. it has taken 6.15hours to go from chennai to vijayawada(473kms) on pulser 150cc(2001 model). with 2008 model 150cc pulser it has taken 5.30mins to ride(411kms) wth a top speed of 118kms/hour. now i am plannig 2 buy yamaha R15. But i had a doubt that will R15  really goes to top speed of 145kms/hour. if not can any one of u suggest me where can i find second hand sports bike below 500cc in india wth in a price of Rs.2,00,000 .

i went to yamaha showroom but tey told that they are not having bikes for displays in whole of gujarat and when it comes they will call me and that guy did everything to convince  me to book with advance of 10k...but i refused as iw anted to see that bike and not to buy...But he told me that already 40bikes are booked so you should book otherwise delivery will be delayed and said no need to see the bike its really good...

How come, I saw a R15 bike on DISPLAY in Andhra Pradesh,that too in a TOWN not a city

Hai fellow rides.  I am a kind of person who loves ssssssss  to go for long drives. it has taken 6.15hours to go from chennai to vijayawada(473kms) on pulser 150cc(2001 model). with 2008 model 150cc pulser it has taken 5.30mins to ride(411kms) wth a top speed of 118kms/hour. now i am plannig 2 buy yamaha R15. But i had a doubt that will R15  really goes to top speed of 145kms/hour. if not can any one of u suggest me where can i find second hand sports bike below 500cc in india wth in a price of Rs.2' date='00,000 . [/quote']

Mate this is completely OFF topic, this thread was for R15 vs P220. Plz get back to the topic