designersf

Maruti Splash and A-Star spied!!

smiley17.gif....I like both cars.....they r nice...... splash better than current wagon r......I think splash wil come with ABS and airbags n be available with diesel too!!!!smiley4.gif(see the Vdi n ABS badge on black one) maruti wil again make it a vfm buy.........smiley20.gifthe new A star have very cute looks but dashboard is ok.....ok.....both of them are very nice carssmiley32.gif

vibhor2008-06-21 10:52:52

cool small cars, in the 2nd pic. a pillar seems to be protruding out from the bodyline as seen from back. offcourse its the design element. tacho placement is racy, nice rounded curves.                                                                                                                                                                                                                what are launch dates?

Great pics...The Splash looks like its been rear ended by a truck, with the boomerang tail lights; both cars are almost similar in size. What would the engine options be, sure to be cannibalisation, in it's own product range and that of Hyundai.

But it was the Splash rear light, which appealed to me. smiley1.gif tastes may be differing. :)

Yeh! the A-star dash board is too basic. May be because, maruti has positioned it as an Alto replacement.

rssh, any idea about the launch dates? i heard that, A-star wont be launched in india in october. but these photos gives the feeling that, it will be launched very soon.

Well splash is replacement for the wagonR and Estilo replacement is yet to be known to me .I think Alto will be replaced by cervo or A-star but the sales of Alto is so high so I think they can sell simultaneously . Also looks like maruti will make good for safety in India both the VXi splash have ABS (last second pic).

Well splash is replacement for the wagonR and Estilo replacement is yet to be known to me .I think Alto will be replaced by cervo or A-star but the sales of Alto is so high so I think they can sell simultaneously . Also looks like maruti will make good for safety in India both the VXi splash have ABS (last second pic).

Well, I like the looks of this car. Seems like a good city car. I just read a review from whatcar. As usual the DDIS seems to be the best variant.

The boot space is only 178L! That's tiny. Much lesser than that of the WagonR or the Swift. I already see a "Splash sedan" coming out in 2010. smiley36.gif

great pics...the splash looks good and diesel engine will again have long queues....astar is ok not that good from rear ...i think that they are gonna launch much before than dates given as seeing these pics i think they are ready for launch....

smiley2.gif..Maruti has taken a very gud step to launch such a compact car in a diesel version........ya..it wil again have long queues.......smiley6.gif...i think its expected to launch around this diwali!!!....smiley4.gif...Great diwali present from maruti to all of us........smiley36.gif

But don't you all think 1.3lt multijet will be too big for these cars 70bhp also is the petrol one increased in cc .I don't think they won't get the diesel in them and lpg could be optional.

maruti splash looking more attractive then maruti a-star. However Does anyone know when this two car is going to be launched in India ..Did u know that ford had launched a new ford fiesta 1.6S.For picture u can go to this blog

No idea yet on the launch date for splash and the exact pricing??? Should i wait for Splash's launch .. or go for a Swift VXi anyways ...

I was thinkin about goin for a WagonR Duo or a Swift Petrol .. but with WagonR being replaced... not much point ..I drive around 800-1000 Kms per month.