designersf

Maruti Splash and A-Star spied!!

lets hope it makes it her very very soon....its better than the i10....

Really? forget looks, they are subjective; but i don't think Maruti can come close to the build quality of hyundai, be as safe as one and also offer the same level of plushness and the interior quality. When they can't do it on the 14 and odd lakh Vitara, they cannot do it on a 4 lakh odd car.

It might become a success (purely because of India's obsession with small Marutis) but i can bet i10 will be the better car overall.

1.3 ddis is the only option maruti has as of now. its in talks with fiat for a 1.0l diesel engine, so that will take a couple of years. 1.3 diesel would go in the larger of the two i.e splash/a-star, i think splash. but its already not being able to fulfill demand for swift diesel, where will it bring the extra capacity from? this indicates diesel might be launched a couple of months later.

on competition with hyundai, well maruti is small car champ. ok it skimps on build quality but excels in many other core areas. most importantly lets not forget hyundai are korean or daewoos sister company! what they  do best is  cheat  whatever is japanese.

maruti cars are safe enough, adequately plush & have normal interior quality.

what they could not do with vitara, hyundai could not do with tucson.

maruti cars are safe enough' date=' adequately plush & have normal interior quality.[/quote']

Well, i disagree with that.. you don't pay 6 lakhs to a car and before even you break coconut in front of it it starts rattling and parts start falling off!!!smiley36.gif

what they could not do with vitara' date=' hyundai could not do with tucson.
[/quote']

IMHO, Tucson failed because of faulty execution of strategies and the lack of snob value for Hyundai. It's definitely better built and is much much plusher than the Vitara....  infact the Vitara is no match even to my elantra in terms of interior quality...

i agree completely with octane..maruti have good value in india but even its partner suzuki is not that hit abroad and quality offered by hyundai at the price point cant be matched by maruti...the build quality and plastics of Msil sucks...tucson was a good car atleast much much better than vitara but its outer finishing which was quite dull and butch styling didnt appealed to many but the quality and engine was superb...Though its korean better than indian...Msil only uses japenese engine rest all is indian

overall splash looks better ...but still i think interiors wise and overall car wise i10 still is better but diesel in it should be launched as early as possible otherwise it will be damn easy for maruti it throw away i10 if splash comes with diesel with launch itself...And if demand for splash ddis increases and i10 comes at that time it will be huge hit..

[

Well, i disagree with that.. you don't pay 6 lakhs to a car and before even you break coconut in front of it it starts rattling and parts start falling off!!!smiley36.gif

IMHO, Tucson failed because of faulty execution of strategies and the lack of snob value for Hyundai. It's definitely better built and is much much plusher than the Vitara....  infact the Vitara is no match even to my elantra in terms of interior quality...

octane, rattling cant be corelated to lack of safety. maruti in recent times has done well in euroncap norms.

tuscon failed because of a variety of reasons.  & so did elantra & sonata.

tuscon shared the same engine with elantra without any power boost to cope up with extra weight, looks were nothing, interiors not all that good, driving dynamics were not sorted.which i think has been a bane for all the hyundais.

price was a little over the top. most importantly people dont want to plonk a korean car in their garages at such price points which are dominated by japanese counterparts.

even terracan was a failure. so hyundai has washed hands with all their models in luxury segment. in this segment ones got to lead & not copy & follow.

elantra has been discontinued long before it could get a new avtaar.

old gen. vitara wasnt a complete car, its driving dynamics were flawed. but i dont find much wrong in the present vitara, except  that it should have a diesel.

see crv is also through bred japanese & thats my point. once in the business, one has to fight the very best & not aim for 2nd.

Lets wait for the battle...im puttin all my money on the Splash...Even now we see the wagonR putselling the i10 and the santro...check ACi july edition....

Regarding the quality,swift is light years ahead of the Getz...so new maruti's wil surely achieve it if they dont improve on it

old gen. vitara wasnt a complete car' date=' its driving dynamics were flawed. but i dont find much wrong in the present vitara, except  that it should have a diesel.
see crv is also through bred japanese & thats my point. once in the business, one has to fight the very best & not aim for 2nd.
[/quote']

Let me make myself clear here... I am not at all saying Hyundai is the best out there on the road.... even they have a long way to go but one thing is clear that they are improving very fast, the clear case in point is the i10.

What i intended to say is, Maruti doesn't come close even to a Hyundai, let alone compare it with its japanese counterparts. Of course the sales data seem to tell an entirely different story.  The bottom line is the fact that i don't like maruti because of their cheap vehicles... even though they throw in a lot of equipment, i don't feel they are worth the money. I like certain things in my car and for me Hyundai does that better than Maruti and hence i like it better than Maruti. This is entirely my personal opinion and i think i am entitled to have one smiley2.gif

most definitely. but whatever is put up on a forum is open for debate. some might go by it ,while others may not. so, chill pal ,nobody is trying to snatch away your love for hyundai!

most definitely. but whatever is put up on a forum is open for debate. some might go by it ' date='while others may not. so, chill pal ,nobody is trying to snatch away your love for hyundai! [/quote']

no issues dude... and it's not that i am a staunch lover of hyundai... but it's just that i find it better than maruti.... any way peace out smiley1.gif

exactly...Hyundai is definately better than Hyundai...In India sales figures only cant justify the product quality...i have said the same thing even before on another threads also but as if anybody talks bad about Msil the whole forum opposes them....

I even said regarding some previous post that For Maruti to Beat honda is impossible or Next to Impossible...Acc. to me even tata & M&M are improving faster though still not upto mark but thats not a point...Msil will not improve also coz people are buying it so no scope of improving as they are already getting sales and they are taking people for granted...rather than improving quality they are focussing on equipments and hence they are very competitive in pricing when compared...And no way Swift has better quality than getz...there are lot many rattling swifts around but same is not case with Getz....Getz is stronger even than my Old City or i can say both are at par.....Its build quality is fantastic...

there are so many things to a car not only build quality!

ive owned cars across segments & know 1 thing for sure- that maruti is no. 1 in after sales & spares. if 1 retains a car for a longer duration of time then after sale & spares aspect comes into play. just look at the ease of ownership with maruti , you are not at mercy of a few agencies only , you have the widest variety to pick & chose the garage you want to take your car to. also you can buy spares from anywhere.

its because its the oldest company in india ...nowadays even hyundai can be serviced anywhere and also there are many company showrooms...so no big deal and regarding buying spares from anywhere u can do this same for TATA and MM but their company services are not good(especially TATA)...