designersf

Maruti Splash and A-Star spied!!

even everybody has its own choices....i and my family dont like maruti at all except 800 & alto(these are true marutis)..even when we were buying getz we knew that within few months Swift will launch with more goodies and at cheaper price with attractive looks but still we went for getz...Even in abroad u will swifts are in less no. but getz are many...it has won awards in many countries ..so i say that wat sells in india cant justify quality coz in india price holds 85% of priority of many people while in outside countries its not the same..the product which is good sells there and there no problems like FE coz their FE is good due less traffic and good roads and also petrol is cheap when comapared..

u r right i  also love 800,

ive never paid relevance to what is good abroad. ive only liked products that have done well in india, whatever the reason.

there were so many models launched in india that had done exceptionally well abroad, but just bombed here.eg- ford mondeo, etc. i mean to say that the dynamics of our market are completely different from west & our market drives on different set of principals , those i seem to respect!

smiley38.gifsmiley2.gifIndian market is mainly governed by two principles

1 . Loyality - MSIL scores a lot over this as almost every indian had maruti as their first car.... and is a part od indian market from the last 25 years ....

so sales are high despite MSIL selling 3rd class and rattling products....... and people merely accept them saying roads not gud enuff

2 the other principle is of bhedchal ......<lamb walksmiley23.gif....hahaha> ............ that is people buy wat they see others buying not using there own heads.......

these 2 principles are thus the only force helping maruti surviving........

Regarding Japanese and korean thing......... get a life yaar!!!!

Wagon R is still a dumb DubBa to be in......... Santro despite being low on tech races ahead like ferrari in terms of quality........... theres no use having an onboard 32 bit chip when your car refuses to move out of every pot hole it sees..........

Well its the service and dealership in towns were the booking of Alto and wagonR is thriving in city the sales of the swift and WagonR is at par I confirmed it with a dealer.

2 the other principle is of bhedchal ......<lamb walksmiley23.gif....hahaha> ............ that is people buy wat they see others buying not using there own heads.......

I agree..  our  herd mentality can be seen in all walks of life...

And not only india but i have noticed that in company which has origin or has old setup in that country is hit in that country only..say i saw a particular brand much(which was cheap though i forgot name) in malaysia...Holden consists its 60% share in autralian market ...and probably these are the companies which has less fame and name unlike honda/toyota and some germans which are successful in many countries ....same is with maruti no existence in foreign market and even suzuki is not that successful among other jap carmakers..

Well but the after sales service is so good that you get instant call for Gurgaon facility and they can make car for your own choice for handicapped they happily make the car easier for them to drive and throw very special rate .You can order the Dzire blue colour from them for the swift for additional 2k and I have proof of it as I had asked them .Also maruti may be older company here and thus have good sales and services but still they give spare parts to local garages even Tata does that but Hyundai doesn't heed to the customers request .The build quality may increase but they had to price i10 near Santro just 10k expensive but they still retained it and now its 25k more expensive = 15k more and they make excess profits .

but i10 is giving u mindblowing quality...i remember when my uncle bought santro before 3 years they got some 40K less than wagonR and that too with 2 front power windows but being 40K expensive apart from color bumber there was no power windows in wagonR...And i think thats a loot...U get worst product with less features with more price... 

i do not confirm to veyrons view about loyalty. indian consumer knows what he wants & would not waste money on a bad product. maruti had bad products like -baleno , vitara, etc. which were completely shunned by public. had loyalty ruled their minds, these would also have been a hit.

moreover indian consumer has emerged as the most critical one. in this cut throat world where theres so much competition, no one can afford to sell a bad product, as it would not be accepted by the people. its simply the survival of the fittest in the market & maruti has proved this beyond doubt that its indeed a very fit company.

on 2nd view of veyron, bhedchaal,  ill say if  its for a good product ,theres nothing bad in it. look at the swift diesel for instance, all the ques are for a good product.

well on between japanese & korean , its like comparing a horse to a mule, i wont say more.

as bluesapphire mentioned "company which has origin or has old setup in that country is hit in that country only. well have a look at american market ford has been dethroned by toyota. in india maruti does not have a single product completely conceived by them, they are all designed & conceived by suzuki in japan.

well on between japanese & korean ' date=' its like comparing a horse to a mule, i wont say more.
[/quote']

You are again making it a Japan vs Korea debate..... It's a no brainer and a universal truth that Korean products are not yet on par with Toyota and Honda....  and Maruti is only a donkey which has the heart of a horse......

and it's amazing how people are happy with mules...

octane_1002008-06-29 11:23:06

I dont why people fight over ugly stuff like WAGON R .......... i heard someone above saying that hyundai is a mule in front of suzuki .......... my dear atleast hyundai is atleast original and not a joint venture as in MSIL .......... MSIL is not suzuki ........ maruti always means gareeb......

read this ....... there is no comparison b/w japanese and koreans ......... chinki pinki bhaai bhaai .....they are all the same ...

I dont agree with u Mr.veyron...... u cant say that maruti cars r only made made for poor people.....n.joint ventures means more ability to make gud cars , gud dealers , gud services, great engines....n every thing gud.....in fact in india the best car manufacturer is MARUTI..and always its cars r on the top of sales chart!!!....i think u own a hyundai ..but it doesnt mean that u can say that other companies r bad.......smiley2.gif  

wagon r is a very old design, i think the present gen. was conceived in 92-94, whereas santro came into being in 98-99. let new products from maruti hit the market, like the swift. pitting the new products against the ones from hyundai would be a wise idea. swift  being a new product is much better than getz. even sx4 has has a better petrol engine than vernas.

someone said hyundai is original! hyundai is nothing but a copier of things. its petrol engines are not the best , the diesel tech. it has is from mitsubishi through GM.  most of the designs of hyundai cars are copied from japanese & european makers. so, 1 thing they are good at is copying.

as octane said " people are happy with mules..."  .  if a mule can make people happy, then that mule is better than a horse to them.

as for octane, we dont need to see how elantra fared in america., we have witnessed  how poorely it did here. this signifies that indian consumer has truly come of age & is a better judge of cars.

veyron said "maruti always means gareeb." so what mr. veyron, a gareeb can anytime be a better craftsman than a amir!

i said in my post that apart from honda and toyota which are world hit and didnt mentioned america ..ford/gm are big companies but the companies which are only restricted to their origin are successful in that only i gave u eg of holden which is from gm in  australia...simply maruti has no existence...and apart fom models and engines nothing is from suzuki so dont refer again and again of suzuki..only engines doesnt makes car good...nowadays designs of maruti are from suzuki but the manufacturing standards are of maruti only which sucks...

well why maruti is best seller its because the price nothing else......sx4 is not better car than city at all but still it sells coz of features and pricing...though getz is not that fun to drive than swift but its lot more practical car....

maruti is very old indian co thus has understood indian market very well as indian market is very diff from other markets and thus sometimes other co.'s fails ...but let maruti be in any other country for even 20 years it will be worst company there...the thing is we as a customer will not go as market goes but how good  the product is...somebody said that there market is different but the products are same if one product is hit there that means its good product though may be expensive and we can buy it here also....we are not here buy the hot selling car but a good car... swift is not selling well in other countries that means its not that good car...if its selling well here we cant say its a good car ...now dont say that swift here is better than other countries...getz is selling like hotcakes world wide that means its a good car though not selling well...indian always want VFM car but wat i m discussing is about quality and not price...bluesapphire2008-06-30 06:40:04

if people like a manufacturer, who has roots in their country or is old there, its a good thing, it shows that the people love their country & are confident of its products. isnt that what the mahamata asked people to do so many decades back? if we will not patronise our own products , then who will?

but that should be good also na...u r being emotional nothing else and its our hard earned money not to be spent for our emotions if they take us to wrong way...atleast i will not do that....and even cars like wagonR dont deserves to be 1st car ya but if its an extra for city use its ok then....i never bought Maruti except its 800 and will never buy it in future if other options are available...

for any manufacturer to be a success on foreign land, it first has to be successful on its home turf. tata is first such indian manufacturer i believe which  is on firm ground at home ,to be able to nuture its foreign ambitions. it will be a manufacturer worth watching out for in times to come globally.

but that should be good also na...u r being emotional nothing else and its our hard earned money not to be spent for our emotions if they take us to wrong way...atleast i will not do that....and even cars like wagonR dont deserves to be 1st car ya but if its an extra for city use its ok then....i never bought Maruti except its 800 and will never buy it in future if other options are available...

Mate, Could you tell us why Wagon R doesnt deserve to be ones first car ?

even in some Aci issue(cant remember which but will tell u later) in which indica,palio,wagonR,santro,estilo,spark were comapred....and only thing was good in both marutis was its Ac's...santro and spark came out as best...so now no debates should be there comparing santro with wagonR