designersf

Maruti Splash and A-Star spied!!

Discarding a relatively good selling model is a big sacrifice for auto companies. They try to extend its lifetime as much as they can, with some exceptions.

New cars are usually adopted whole heartedly in the market, again with exceptions & good new cars usually outsell older siblings.

Apart from more the merrier rule also applies to some companies , who can use it as a potent tool in combating competition.

"Create a competition among yourself, others will be spectators only"

but maruti has tendancy to discard a model when it is at its pek or doing very well.

the production of esteem and old zen(both the models) was stopped even when they were doing pretty well in the market.

i think MS has changed their strategy a bit, they are looking to acquire more market share by offering more than one model in the same segment rather than promoting a particular model!

i hope it works for them!

My God, are you nuts !! Esteem & Zen are classic egs. to support the view that how long can a company keep a outdated model in production! By the end of their lifecycle, their sales had tumbled down badly & were simply outclassed by the competition, so it was better to discard them.

man just read the post first and then reply.

dude i said that they very doing "pretty" well, the old model zen was maintaining its piece of market share in the segment when it was discarded, just check the records.

as far as esteem is concerned, no doubt its sales had dipped(which i never denied), with new cars from different brands entering the market its obvious that the sales of existing cars will dip, but when new cars comes, its not the sales which decides the performance of a particular vehicle, rather what matters is that how does the old models perform against the new ones.

take your time before posting buddy!

Even the sales of Zen had dipped to pretty low levels for Maruti to continue selling it. One can't say this about 800 though, which still manages alright sales.

Your statement "new cars comes, its not the sales which decides the performance of a

particular vehicle, rather what matters is that how does the old models

perform against the new ones" is contradictory, new Zen never gave better performance than the old one.

There no such principle as your imagination is pointing towards, there's hardly any worthy content in your posts, rather you are bent upon pushing invalid points. Im done, no further replies to irrelevant posts!