anjan_c2007

Mahindra Ingenio Spied in Mumbai

Last month, while at Mumbai, I spied two disguised Mahindra Ingenios  near Haji Ali - Mahim causeway. The MH 15 (Nasik) TC number plates made its identity as a Mahindra obvious. Any idea as to when this is going to be launched?

sonycamv933nw9.jpg

loading.gif

nice shot. according to aci, mahindra is not happy with interior quality of ingenio. so, they are pulling up suppliers. launch must be around the corner.

i feel toyota should give innova a more powerful engine as others like mahindra & tata have put into their cars. innova does 0-100 in about 17-18 sec. scorpio & safari do it in around 14-15secs. , endeavour also does in 13-14sec. now. innovas figure should also be somewhere in 14-15sec. range.

Hope the wait for this one is worth it....  but in the pic it doesn't look as big as an Innova;

Anjan' date=' can you tell us how big/small it seems in flesh?
[/quote']

The  Ingenio looked smaller than an Innova. In fact in one of the spy pictures there's an Innova just ahead of the Ingenio. The Ingenio, I feel is just a little bit larger than the Bolero.

Yup..........great spyshots anjan c2007 ......hmmm.....i think they are on a test....may be M&M goin to launch it soon....does any body knows what wil be its price bracket.....smiley1.gif

Yup..........great spyshots anjan c2007 ......hmmm.....i think they are on a test....may be M&M goin to launch it soon....does any body knows what wil be its price bracket.....smiley1.gif

Thanks vibhor.

i feel toyota should give innova a more powerful engine as others like mahindra & tata have put into their cars. innova does 0-100 in about 17-18 sec. scorpio & safari do it in around 14-15secs. ' date=' endeavour also does in 13-14sec. now. innovas figure should also be somewhere in 14-15sec. range. [/quote']

Buddy, speed is not the parameter of comparision in this segment.

COMFORT and INTERIOR space are the important params. Innova has excellent suspension. and the interior space is unmatched.

Also the comparison of a MUV(Innova) to a SUV(endeavour, scorpio & safari ) is not a correct one.

well thats your view, in india theres no clear demarcation between an suv & a muv in the entry segment.

comfort & interior space are high in safari too.

speed is a very important comparo. aspect. check out any comparo. in any mag. , theres a seperate column devoted to speed. 

well thats your view' date=' in india theres no clear demarcation between an suv & a muv in the entry segment.

comfort & interior space are high in safari too.

speed is a very important comparo. aspect. check out any comparo. in any mag. , theres a seperate column devoted to speed.  [/quote'] .

Compare the ride quality of SAFARI and INNOVA.Innova is the clear winner.

I do agree with you regd the speed column, but with kind of infra india has, Innova has enough speed i guess.

safari has better ride quality, innova has better handling. do your homework properly first!

speed is enough if its at par with the competition!

safari has better ride quality' date=' innova has better handling. do your homework properly first!
speed is enough if its at par with the competition!
[/quote']

What ever it is mate.

INNOVA has got no competition what so ever. It is good with what it has now. I agree that the more you get , the more fun its gonna be.

I rather find the comparision of a MUV with a SUV very absurd.

remember , safari & scorpio are not pure suvs, they are used moreso to haul people & that is what a muv like innova also does.

we are talking about ingenio, which could be a serious competition to innova.

The  Ingenio looked smaller than an Innova. In fact in one of the spy pictures there's an Innova just ahead of the Ingenio. The Ingenio' date=' I feel is just a little bit larger than the Bolero.
[/quote']

With the kind of size Anjan is suggesting, i wonder where the third row of seats will fit in (which is crucial for a people's carrier) and how this can pose a challenge to the Innova??!!