speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

Wow , Dual boot

Is it timed to directly go into Win8 or the system waits for your ENTER KEY press and then takes 8 secs.

You surely got a great deal all around

first on the laptop

then on the OS

then you yourself did the installations

boy! your stars are shining really bright.

Wow , Dual boot

Is it timed to directly go into Win8 or the system waits for your ENTER KEY press and then takes 8 secs.

boy! your stars are shining really bright.

LOL! :D

Yup, by default Legacy boot option is set on Windows, as I use it more frequently! For ubantu, I've to make some changes from boot manager!

@BonFre can't really recognize you with this new avatar, that 'MOD' tag confirmed your identity! :)

Thanks LeoRahi

The laptops look good only issue as i checked is with the warranty.Some are just sellers and the other needs to be purchased at at extra cost , as it is Third Party.

Happen to stop by a Lenovo store and came across their Z510 model , liked its configuration , only issue is it does not have touch.

I am trying to find other faults with it before i jump to others

weblink to the laptop below :

www.thedostore.com/laptops/z510-with-hybrid-drive-back-lit-keyboard.html

Next stop a Dell Store

Thanks LeoRahi

The laptops look good only issue as i checked is with the warranty.Some are just sellers and the other needs to be purchased at at extra cost , as it is Third Party.

Happen to stop by a Lenovo store and came across their Z510 model , liked its configuration , only issue is it does not have touch.

I am trying to find other faults with it before i jump to others

weblink to the laptop below :

www.thedostore.com/laptops/z510-with-hybrid-drive-back-lit-keyboard.html

Next stop a Dell Store

Hmmm...So you need a Touch screen laptop with some good warranty. :huh:

You should check this one then - Dell Inspiron 15 This should satisfy you and your needs ;)

Edited by LeoRahi

Hi fellas, :)

Could anyone suggest me a Good Wireless Modem, A few days ago my old modem lost somewhere and now I've to browse on slow creepy connections -_- . I'm just pissed off :angry:

I'm ready to spend 5k on it

This is interesting , you losing your modem, when you say modem , what do you mean , a broadband router ? What was it exactly ?

Go back a few pages , you are sure to find some great recommendations.

& talking about MM Canvas Knight....

After owing 4 Micromax phones, all I can say that they seems perfect on paper & also seems pretty decent in showrooms,....

I'm also looking for a new phone, but this time I'm gonna break this loyalty & place my bet on Sony Xperia Z2 or rumored Z3 featuring Biometrics!

That seems to be a giant leap interms of brand as well as price of a device.

Z2 seems to be a piece of art, with SONY's Triluminous display(gives it just a LED TV like experience), full water proof body & many more technical leaps.

That's better that you're quite high on budget, else recently unveiled SONY T2 Ultra phablet phone is a great device to live with again 1.5 Ghz Quad core processor, Triluminous display with Bravia 2 engine, 6-inch display with Dual sim support, all at ~Rs.25k. Worth watch & worthy alternative to Note2 or its rivals in sub 30k price range.

Hi fellas, :)

Could anyone suggest me a Good Wireless Modem, A few days ago my old modem lost somewhere and now I've to browse on slow creepy connections -_- . I'm just pissed off :angry:

I'm ready to spend 5k on it

You can easily get High-speed modem in the range of ~Rs.2-2.5k, preferable brands are TP-LINK & Belkin, where the former has relatively lower prices with good warranty support.

**EDIT**

Quote reply added.

Edited by dr_nishu

You can easily get High-speed modem in the range of ~Rs.2-2.5k, preferable brands are TP-LINK & Belkin, where the former has relatively lower prices with good warranty support.

**EDIT**

Quote reply added.

Thanks Doc

This is interesting , you losing your modem, when you say modem , what do you mean , a broadband router ? What was it exactly ?

Go back a few pages , you are sure to find some great recommendations.

Oh, I mean a 3G Dongle from MTS

Thanks, Maybe I'll buy a MTS Mblaze , is it good enough, 1mbps connection is enough for me, what do you suggest

Yes , MTS is great and very economical

Try the Ultra and Ultra Wifi options.

You are getting 40GB for 999 in Delhi postpaid plan

and 20GB for 999 in prepaid plan.

Thanks, Today I bought the Ultra wifi, really good speed, I'm happy with it

Edited by LeoRahi

ACI-ians need your suggestions please.

Had to buy a Mobile handset for my dad, most probably a dual sim one.

What could be the best option within Rs.25-26k budget range ?

I've seen & shortlisted:

-Sony Xperia M2 Dual.

-Sony Xperia Z(single sim though).

-Samsung Galaxy S-III Neo(dual sim).

Quality phone with good display clarity, sound quality are prime concern.

I got myself Xperia T2 a month ago for 22.8k and it has been a good experience and in stamina mode it run 3 days w/o recharge. But the screen is 6 inch and it could pose a problem for your dad. Another phone is great battery life is LG optimus lite dual 2 its has 3200mAH battery and priced at 17-16 on street is a VFM.

Take a look at the Galaxy Mega. Has a big screen, would be comfortable for your Dad. I got one 5 months ago and had a good experience so far. x

I got myself Xperia T2 a month ago for 22.8k and it has been a good experience and in stamina mode it run 3 days w/o recharge. But the screen is 6 inch and it could pose a problem for your dad. Another phone is great battery life is LG optimus lite dual 2 its has 3200mAH battery and priced at 17-16 on street is a VFM.

Dad not keen on cellphones with more than 5-inch display size & the handset itself becomes too large & bulky for an easy carrying.

Has also shown him Sony Xperia T2 Ultra dummy, but they found it to be too large, same goes for Mega also.

Also seen Sony Xperia M2, it's of comfortable size, configuration but its plain TFT display is too poor for a cellphone in such price & segment.

Now comes the latest entrant -Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 into the consideration list.

Lets see how the story unfolds further.

More suggestions please, ACI-ians.

Dear Doc, Please see my considerations,

1. Moto X (Itz not a dual sim. Voice features are the best. Excellent crisp display, intuitive gesture controls, smart camera functions)

2. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (5.25 inch display, 1.2 GHz Quadcore hangs while multitasking, rest all are good on paper)

3. Sony Xperia T2 Ultra (6 inch screen is too big to hold)

4. HTC Desire 600 Dual (I myself own this handset)

Moto X is a brilliant phone and a worthy buy if you can deal with lower battery life. IMO the voice features are excellent (it has 3 microphone to listen to commands) but my friend has that and battery lasts just 1 day.

Try Xperia C it is comparable to M2 at a much cheaper price (I don't think your dad will ever use superior processor etc in M2 over C). My sister has been using C since September 2013 and she is pleased with it except for avg camera.

Dear Doc, Please see my considerations,

1. Moto X (Itz not a dual sim. Voice features are the best. Excellent crisp display, intuitive gesture controls, smart camera functions)

2. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (5.25 inch display, 1.2 GHz Quadcore hangs while multitasking, rest all are good on paper)

3. Sony Xperia T2 Ultra (6 inch screen is too big to hold)

4. HTC Desire 600 Dual (I myself own this handset)

^ The HTC 600 is awesome. My sister owns one. Very good features and a handy mobile. Check it out

Htc desire 600 is a good phone, but its negatives include still high price & nlt so convincing looks.

Dad isn't keen on buying htc cellphone either. Preferable brands are Sony & Samsung.

Moto X is a brilliant phone and a worthy buy if you can deal with lower battery life. IMO the voice features are excellent (it has 3 microphone to listen to commands) but my friend has that and battery lasts just 1 day.

Try Xperia C it is comparable to M2 at a much cheaper price (I don't think your dad will ever use superior processor etc in M2 over C). My sister has been using C since September 2013 and she is pleased with it except for avg camera.

Moto X is single sim hence is of no use for dad.

Have shown him Moto G, but i doubt its reliability & service support.

Could anyone knowing about or is having it please enlighten about it.

M2 is better than Xperia C on almost all respects like looks, Phone memory capacity & Camera though i find camera of Xperia M2 also not so convincing either.

But where M2 poorly scores is on its poor basic TFT display, its poor on its color level, saturation, etc completely unexpected from Sony & on a priced this much. Xperia C display is still better than M2 i'd say but it badly lacks internal memory space.

Btw, there could be a bit of alteration in buying plans, i'm planning to buy a phone for myself first as dad still wants to wait further.

I've shortlisted Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo.

What's your take on this handset ACI-ians ?

^ The Note 3 neo is a very good handset. I've not used it though but I've heard from a friend it has good Performance and Battery stand time.

You could also check the I phone 4s and the HTC one Mini. Both are great on it's own